Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 04:25 PM

7 posts, read 3,451 times

Advertisements

Hey guys..I've been all over the Internet looking for answers..nothing. We've got hard wired security cameras around my business. Someone im suspecting of stealing is in a couple of very confusing shots. One camera shows both of them together, they look like they're walking out of the shed. The camera that would show them walking out at that time shows something weird. There is nothing showing them coming out, but yet one of them is in a truck leaving that area while the other one is on the other side of the property walking towards that area. Wtf just happened? Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 05:20 PM

5,117 posts, read 6,098,741 times
Are there timestamps on the video?

Old 05-06-2016, 05:55 PM

To be honest..I'm new to this. What are time stamps? Is that where it shows the red bar of activity at bottom and you can click to see what happened? At the time this happened my settings weren't as secure as they should've been. Researching told me what to change, so now it's locked down. At the time, password wasn't enabled. Also, 'video loss' was not enabled. It just frustrates me to spend that amount of money and they do what they want anyway.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:33 PM

13,131 posts, read 21,011,866 times
Time Stamp = Clock Time such as 6:30 am or 10:55 pm.

This lets you see the exact time of the events you are viewing if looking at a recording of the events. If you have it timed stamped, check the time to see if the images are continuous or if there is a gap. Who set the system up?

Old 05-06-2016, 10:31 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
Reset your recording speed. When you set a recorder for a long recording it may take a snapshot every other second or possibly every 3-4 seconds or more. That's why some old videos you see the people look like they blink in and out and seem to appear and disappear in the footage. Looks like the video is skipping.
Go in the menu and set the recorder for a short play. You're better off with a shorter recording time at higher resolution than long recording time at a lower resolution.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Time Stamp = Clock Time such as 6:30 am or 10:55 pm.

This lets you see the exact time of the events you are viewing if looking at a recording of the events. If you have it timed stamped, check the time to see if the images are continuous or if there is a gap. Who set the system up?
Thanks for that. Yes, there IS time stamping. I've went back over it so many times. The system was set up by the electricians. I never noticed a time gap tho. Honestly I didn't know to even look for one. I will check now tho. Thanks!

Old 05-07-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Reset your recording speed. When you set a recorder for a long recording it may take a snapshot every other second or possibly every 3-4 seconds or more. That's why some old videos you see the people look like they blink in and out and seem to appear and disappear in the footage. Looks like the video is skipping.
Go in the menu and set the recorder for a short play. You're better off with a shorter recording time at higher resolution than long recording time at a lower resolution.
Thanks for that, will try doing that!

Old 05-07-2016, 02:42 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
Also set the DVR/recording device for loop recording. This way you don't need to screw around. It will record for whatever length of time you set then start over with no interaction from you

Old 05-07-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Also set the DVR/recording device for loop recording. This way you don't need to screw around. It will record for whatever length of time you set then start over with no interaction from you
Thanks again. We've got it recording 24/7. We've added another 4 cameras now..so maybe we will finally catch someone soon! You'd think with 8 of them, something should show lol. By watching the footage this morning, it's obvious they don't know about the new ones...yet. I'm curious..what would happen if someone manually turned off the switch at the wall, then back on? It would make the cameras reboot, wouldn't it? That's what I've been thinking they've done, but I can't figure out how it seemed to pick back up from almost the same time. How could they have been so sure the camera didn't see them? This is driving me insane lol. If you see some crazy person on the news running around doing cartwheels naked thru traffic..that will probably be me.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:56 PM

Wow, the saga continues. The more I learn on here from you guys, the more I find out that someone is definitely screwing with my cameras somehow.
Time stamps show repeated video loss..only when these two 'people' are in a particular area (from which is where we believe they're stealing the goods from). On nights or days those two do not work, there will be someone trying to nose around the grounds at night with flashlights. Our guess is they've stashed something and are coming back for it.
From what I've seen last night on all of my cameras is continuous anomalies that just happen to coincide with them being there. I refuse to give up until I catch them. We KNOW who is doing it..but we need a FACE to prove it.
Is there ANY possible way to recover the missing footage?
Is there ANY possible way to block THEM from blocking our cameras???
What is super annoying is these two act like they're no smarter than a bag of rocks..but yet they're kicking our butts big time and we are feeling really stupid and pissed off.
I will say what they are stealing (one thing they're stealing anyway) is needed to feed their ducks at home. That's why they're taking it everyday..we are literally paying them to work..and to steal from us instead of going and buying their own feed.
We can't wait to fire and prosecute these idiots..but without their faces on the camera, whilst stealing, our hands are tied.
PLEASE can anyone figure this out? Am going to the police for advice today.
Thanks guys..your help already has been tremendous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House