Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 12:25 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,944,482 times

Advertisements

I can see the Pacific Ocean.

When it is a real clear day, I can see Catalina Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 12:58 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
I'd rate it a 6 I guess. We have a large bay window facing the front of the house, but there are also mature oak trees to look at. But that's fine for a bedroom as I don't care. We have an awesome backyard with a pool, rose garden, and more landscaping and the wall of glass that overlooks it is pretty nice.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:19 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
I would rate it a 1, nothing to see, the shed in the backyard out of one window and the neighbors shed/house out of the other 2 windows. But I'm glad w have 3 windows in my bedroom.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:22 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
a 0 and a 5. We have 2 windows. 1 faces the fence between our house and the neighbors. The other faces the front porch/out front so the view is better.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:30 AM

297 posts, read 277,068 times
From the bedroom, i see my parent's huge yard (built in 1944) and from the kitchen, i see the bay bridge and other fine scenery of SF (though the houses in front of us block most of it). Scenery through the window is overrated - that's what the internet is for! I only care about the safety of the area

Old 05-16-2016, 08:07 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
I have about a 7; my bedroom windows both face the double lot side of the house where I have a whole lot of shrubs planted. I deliberately planted a lot of evergreen shrubs as well so it doesn't look bare in the wintertime. If it wasn't for my neighbor's dilapidated garage I'd rate the view as a 9 for the neighborhood as a whole.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:03 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Depends on the time of year and what is happening. When the trees have leaves, probably 10. IN the winter, we can see the abandoned steel mill across the river. It is not horrible, but not pretty either. In spring/summer/fall we pretty much see trees and water and deer frolicking on our lawn. That is about as good as it gets. However I also lover looking at mountains and oceans. So maybe 9.5

Old 05-16-2016, 09:08 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
I would have to rate our view a zero. That's why I put stained glass windows around the house. It gives the rooms a nice glow.

We live in a gritty suburb not far from the loop of Chicago. There's urban sprawl as far as the eye can see. The house across the street is cute but nothing to look at. The concrete face staring at me through the leaded window on top of the concrete pillar is fun to look at in a creepy sort of way. Underneath it is a big stained glass window sitting on the window sill.

To the west is an ally with a view of garages and garbage cans, to the east our great neighbors cute bungalow. We can wave at each other as we leave our back door which is just a stones throw to their kitchen window.

To the south is a row of businesses and our good friend owns the one directly behind us. His shop is full of the most interesting things and it's always an adventure seeing what's new.

The view isn't much but our life here is extremely rich in so many other ways. Who wouldn't want to look out their window and see a view of the water and mountains surrounded by tons of green space? It would be amazing, but, it could also get boring if that was all there was.

I love when the neighbors and shorties come by. One walks three large dogs that I love to visit with. There are three dogs in three different houses to the east that come over for regular play dates and want to live with us.

Views are nice, but who needs one when there's so much activity going on to entertain you. Looking at the view is like looking at the same picture over and over. It gets old unless it's something you only visit once a year and see it through new eyes. Sharing it with good friends and loved ones is a must.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:41 AM

18,530 posts, read 1,428,280 times
Yes, a few homes with various kinds of trees in the background and some hills partial seen in the background.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:44 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,492,056 times
One of my bedroom windows faces my neighbors' house. But, they just painted it last summer, so I'd rate that view a 2.

My other bedroom window faces east, and the back yard. I sometimes get to look at beautiful sunrises as I'm getting ready for work. The neighbors' garages--and my garage--sort of enclose my back yard, so it's like looking at a little room with trees growing in it. I'd give it a 5; not a spectacular view, but not ugly, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House