Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 08:57 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
I think the difference is that people who dont use their tub have other issues.. Like they cant walk much. Im 70 and can still run 3 miles. But I need the hot bath afterwords.
I don't use a bath tub...I have an outdoor hot tub. So if I want to sit in hot water, I just go out there. But honestly, I just prefer a quick shower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 10:34 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Some people we know use bathtubs for storage, some to wash their dogs, some fill them with potting soil and grow houseplants for fresh oxygen, and then we use ours to make home brews or bathroom gin.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:03 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I use my garden tub regularly after the gym when I'm sore or if we have a cold day and I need to soak in some warm water. I personally, wouldn't want a house without a tub in the master bathroom.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:11 AM

4,270 posts, read 6,293,626 times
We use ours to wash our big dogs in a few times a year, and we used it when our kids were toddlers and wanted to be in "the big tub." That's about it.

We hope to remodel our master bath in the next 5-10 years to get it ready for our retirement years, and plan on ripping out the tub and more than doubling the size of our shower.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:35 AM

2,769 posts, read 404,593 times
I thought I'd love ours with the jets and all. I used it the first winter and now I just sit on the side to shave my legs. lol It's just a huge wasted space to us.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:57 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
In a condo we had a bath/shower combination and we got tired of stepping over the side of the tub to take a shower, so removed the tub in the master bath and built in a walk-in shower. I think the only reason for having a tub it to bathe kids, and the second bedroom had a tub for that purpose.
Last year we put the condo up for sale and I had fears the missing tub would be a problem, but it was never mentioned by anyone and we sold for a record number.
In all of the homes I have owned over the last 50 years, I only remember trying the tub in one of them. We purchased a new home with a Jacuzzi tub, so with great anticipation, wife and I gave it a go. Total waste of time. First of all, it requires far too much water to fill, and within minutes the water is cold and uncomfortable. That was the last time the tub was ever used in the 12 years we lived there...

Old 06-10-2016, 10:34 AM

1,651 posts, read 2,781,706 times
A tub is a must for us. The husband likes to run long distances and soak tired muscles, and I have back problems which are helped by spending some time being buoyant in warm water. However neither of us is all that fond of garden tubs - we strongly prefer an extra deep tub with a standard footprint. The water stays warm better, it's faster to fill, and it's a better soaking experience. However the biggest deal-breaker is no tub in any bathroom. Doesn't need to be a garden tub though, and I do appreciate a nice walk-in shower too, so long as that's not the only option.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:09 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,233,863 times
We have a large whirlpool tub in our master, but we only use it when we are sick/hurt. It's great to soak when you have a cold or a fever, and sometimes when I've pulled a muscle in my back or something, it feels good to relax in it. However, this all adds up to about 3% of the time.

I figure my wife will use tubs more as she gets older, if my mother is any indication.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:33 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,920,039 times
I always liked walk in showers. Can't count the amount of times I slipped getting in and out of a bathtub shower.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:52 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
A home without a bathtub is a turnoff to me. A Tub can be used as a tub and most have a shower connection too. A shower can only be used as a shower.

Mom with kids and people bathing dogs are gonna want a tub, plus even if you shower most of the time you may get that urge to relax in a bubble bath every so often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House