Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 12:12 AM

5,842 posts, read 4,171,909 times

Advertisements

Should we start notifying buyers that thousands of pounds of animal meat have been chopped up, cooked and eaten on the property? Are chicken spirits likely to be haunting the kitchen?

Humans are made up of mostly the same biological material that makes up other mammals. When we die, we decompose much like other animals. That's it, the end. There's no "crossing over" or hanging out in your old house to freak new buyers out.

This is one of the nuttier threads I've read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 02:39 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
Yes it is a huge deal breaker . My ex husband and I were sold a house that gave me the creeps from the time I was in it but it was owner finance and I needed a place to keep my broodmares so I took it .
We were there maybe 3 weeks and we were all so fearful the entire family slept in the living room with the lights and TV on.

Every afternoon we had horrendous lightning storms ( this was by a big lake in south Texas). Finally the sense of foreboding was just too great and we decided to leave . Let the owner know and go . Before we could leave lightning struck the house blowing my bedroom off the side of it and microwaving the whole house .

The owner then was honest about having trouble getting anyone to buy it due to a child having been murdered in one of the bedrooms by a foster parent renting or buying the home from them . I lost everything and became very sick days after that , requiring multiple surgeries and my husband went off the deep end and left . Seriously he was no longer himself . No one in the family ever talks about it .
Wow.This is so sad.

I do believe in the paranormal and in haunted houses. This sounds like one. I am sorry that you had to go through all of this.

It does seem that many rental houses, owner financed houses, and houses that seem to be uncommonly too good to be true, have more than their fair share of hauntings. I regularly watch "A Haunting" and it almost always seems to be the case.

This is tragic on so many levels. While I said up thread that I would not be upset if a person, died in the home of natural causes, the murder of a child would send me running.

Yet, I do understand your dilemma. You needed a place for your horses, and you also were in need of owner financing.

I have a question - if you were aware of the murder of that child, would you have even considered it?

I am not sure how the owner, seller can live with himself. He knew about the property, and yet he continued to make a profit off his owner finance schemes. And in the end, I am sure that he was recompensed by the insurance that he must have had.

I am really sorry that this happened to you and to your family. Many blessings, love and light.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:47 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,328,643 times
4+ Billion people on Earth. They all have to die somewhere. I wouldn't care at all.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:47 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
This is a legitimate concern. I almost mentioned in my post that cases like the Ramsey case present unique considerations. The vast majority of violent deaths don't draw that sort of attention, however. My post was directed at people who wouldn't buy such a house due to ghosts or juju or creepiness, though.
I grew up near the "Amityville Horror". A violent multiple murder had occurred there in the early/mid 1970's, which was dreadful enough, but another set of owners had to create that otherwordly spin which launched it to Hollywood fame. Subsequent owners have done their best to alter the home's facade, even had the street number changed. To this day, it still draws gawkers. Anytime it is listed for sale it makes the local news.

My aunt's home (built new in 1974) was the first time someone I personally knew encountered a ghost. Turns out she first manifested herself to my 3 year old cousin in the late 70's. She sat on his bed and asked him what he was doing in her house. He told my aunt that his oldest sister's friend had been in his room. This went on for some time. Within the house, they had doors which opened or closed themselves, like someone entering a room or grabbing a snack from a cabinet. His description of her, coupled with the previous owner's information, identified her as a young teen girl who once lived there but was killed in a tragic accident at school. When shown a picture of the dead girl, the then 4 year old identified her as his visitor. There were never any issues as she probably responded to the energy of my aunt's large family. Things quieted down as my cousins grew up and moved out.

Almost 20 years later, my uncle died in this home while under hospice care.

That house is currently for sale. Will they tell prospective buyers? No.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:55 AM

177 posts, read 201,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbeehave View Post
my aunt's home (built new in 1974) was the first time someone i personally knew encountered a ghost. Turns out she first manifested herself to my 3 year old cousin in the late 70's. She sat on his bed and asked him what he was doing in her house. He told my aunt that his oldest sister's friend had been in his room. This went on for some time. Within the house, they had doors which opened or closed themselves, like someone entering a room or grabbing a snack from a cabinet. His description of her, coupled with the previous owner's information, identified her as a young teen girl who once lived there but was killed in a tragic accident at school. When shown a picture of the dead girl, the then 4 year old identified her as his visitor. There were never any issues as she probably responded to the energy of my aunt's large family. Things quieted down as my cousins grew up and moved out.
smh

Old 08-09-2016, 07:56 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,770,124 times
Of course it would not bother me. If it was a violent murder, then MAYBE. But even then, probably not.

Why would I care if someone got sick and died? Died of a drug overdose? Committed suicide? Why would any of those things bother me in the least? If I could use that info to trim 1% off the offer, then I'd consider it a major positive.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:22 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,870 times
Unless someone seriously believes and is afraid of ghosts, it shouldn't be a deal breaker.
We've all lived in public apartments and many have deaths in them whether we know or not.
I'd be concerned if someone died with bad communicable disease as the germs may still be lingering in the house or due to something very sick/violent crime as reminder of that may not let me enjoy the house.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:44 AM

5,842 posts, read 4,171,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
My aunt's home (built new in 1974) was the first time someone I personally knew encountered a ghost. Turns out she first manifested herself to my 3 year old cousin in the late 70's. She sat on his bed and asked him what he was doing in her house. He told my aunt that his oldest sister's friend had been in his room. This went on for some time. Within the house, they had doors which opened or closed themselves, like someone entering a room or grabbing a snack from a cabinet. His description of her, coupled with the previous owner's information, identified her as a young teen girl who once lived there but was killed in a tragic accident at school. When shown a picture of the dead girl, the then 4 year old identified her as his visitor. There were never any issues as she probably responded to the energy of my aunt's large family. Things quieted down as my cousins grew up and moved out.

Almost 20 years later, my uncle died in this home while under hospice care.

That house is currently for sale. Will they tell prospective buyers? No.
Hogwash, top to bottom. If ghosts are non-physical, spiritual entities, how is it possible that we could see them? Our eyes are only capable of seeing light reflected off of matter. Matter is physical.

I think it is far, far more likely that there are alternative explanations to all of the phenomena mentioned here.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:09 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Hogwash, top to bottom. If ghosts are non-physical, spiritual entities, how is it possible that we could see them? Our eyes are only capable of seeing light reflected off of matter. Matter is physical.

I think it is far, far more likely that there are alternative explanations to all of the phenomena mentioned here.
How is it possible that dogs can hear sounds humans can not? If we can not hear the sound, does that mean it does not exist?

You may believe whatever you wish, and I request you please be respectful of my beliefs.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:17 PM

118 posts, read 131,848 times
Our house was built in 1910 so I'm pretty sure that someone died in this house. We never asked the realtor about it nor do we care for it. We were more worried about the radon and structure of the house more than anything when we bought it two months ago. Fortunately the house is in great shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House