Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 03:21 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times

Advertisements

Oh, a couple of months ago I had nightmare neighbors living behind me. They would scream at their kids and each other in obscene terms and have fairly frequent parties that got quite loud, in addition to the partiers parking all over the street and driving home drunk. One of them ran over my mailbox and paper box. The culmination was a weekend when the husband was either in a really bad mood or drunk - he had several episodes where he stood out in the backyard and screamed racist epithets at the neighbor who lives adjacent to him. The police were called several times, the second time while they were just leaving from the first visit to the house. I honestly thought there was going to be one-on-one violence. Meanwhile, the wife sat in the backyard smoking ciggies while the hubby was using the vilest language I ever heard. Fortunately, they were renters - and immediately following that weekend, they were GONE. I guess the landlord didn't like all the phone calls to his personal residence, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 03:47 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times
About 4 years ago, before I bought my house. I had the literal definition of scummy neighbors that lived in the apartment building next to me. I called the police so many times that they finally were evicted after racking up 20 police calls. The police also told me all their names. In the 2 bedroom apartment. It was (Mom) (senile old grandma with alhemizers ) (Saul)(Sammy)(Sammy's Baby) and (steven). All trouble makers. These people would always be loud. They were always fighting . The 11 year old boy was stealing items off my balcony. I eventually installed a camera and caught him on my balcony a week after the police told him to stay off our property. He finally was arrested after I showed the police the video. Then a couple weeks later, I recorded them vandalizing the muslim taxi cab drivers car across the street. (they wrote F muslims) with permanent marker on the hood of the car. I had to call the police again after they locked their Alsheimzers Grandma outside during winter (it was literally 10 degrees outside). The mom pulled away and left the grandma outside. She tried going into my car then tried going into our building confused! They were smoking weed in front of my balcony in the car and it blew in my house where my son was...... called the police again! They hit my car with a football... called the police... then they broke into someones apartment next door.. called police... then they shouted at my wife saying " id hit that" all in front of me.. It was a nightmare! They were all under 18 too (besides the mom and grandma)! Thank God they eventually were evicted by the village. It took a year but heck, we did it...

Old 10-06-2016, 06:19 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Ho's next door trying to get something from my guy for a little trade. I was out of town. Disgusting. Glad they weren't sophisticated and sexy cuz guys can be weak sometimes!

We were in a neighborhood of duplex rentals just outside of Atlanta. Once those two moved it was a great place to live! They abandoned a couple of cats there when they left. Scum. AND they had a little girl living there (one of them's daughter). Very bad situation.

I guess that's about the worst

Old 10-06-2016, 07:17 PM

538 posts, read 538,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzd View Post
Not really but I remembers about 12 years ago when I would send my balls over their fence they would give it back popped , I can understand now.

One of the best first posts ever on CD.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:29 PM

515 posts, read 624,224 times
Santeria neighbor. Killing chickens and goats and having 30 people dressed in white chanting in the backyard. Not good.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:53 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,974,972 times
we have drug users for neighbors so thats a nightmare neighbor
-WT

Old 10-07-2016, 03:38 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,856,485 times
I used to live in a beautiful neighborhood where everyone parked their cars in their garages. My neighbor already had 3 cars in his garage when his college age daughter bought a junker car and he didn't want it parked in front of his house so he had her park it on the street in front of my house.

I didn't want it parked in front of my house because it ruined the view from my porch, and the curb appeal of my home. I didn't spend hours landscaping my front yard just to have an eyesore junker car parked in front.

Old 10-07-2016, 04:57 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,051,409 times
lived in the country, nearest neighbor had one house, one trailer, and 4 outbuildings all painted electric blue. At one time I counted 27 lawn ornaments around her house, lighthouse, windmill, deer hunting target, donkey cart, etc. Plywood Xmas decorations stayed up year round. Not bad as a neighbor though, I got along with her although she was known for suing people left and right.

Then someone moved in to the abandoned house between us (with the owner's permission). Man, wife, 2 kids, 2 horses, calf, at least a dozen dogs and puppies, cat and chickens. They were going to "fix it up" for the owner. Dogs would all start backing, man would go out and shoot off his shotgun to shut them up. Like living in Lil Abner. They didn't last long.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:46 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
I used to live in a close... an alley leading to houses in Glasgow... there were five other families ... three were all drunks who went into each others flats for parties.. about four times a week so the place was thumping with music till the wee small hours.. their was always a fight once they were all fuelled.. then the record player would get left on all night while they slept in a stupor... I had a prostitute who fought all the time with her mother. and I mean fought.. fisticuffs out in the close... I had another family of nutters next door a manky dirty couple and five kids who would get left to their own devices while mum and dad already off their trolleys would get drunk in one of the other halfwits houses .. the kids would have coal fight in the common landing next to my door.. Sending for police was futile, they grouped us all the same and didnt care that one neighbour was differenet and trying to keep the place half decent..... I had my door kicked in twice during the night for no reason except someone was angry at the next door party...had my back windows smashed with bricks coming through the closed venetian blind and splattering my babys cot with glass.... police did nothing even when I said who it was and the drunks were still out the front throwing glasses... the police knew them well.. one even handed a half bottle of whisky to one of the policemen and he took it ... OH how I wish Id have had a camera back then and youtube...The stories I could tell about living in that place for 13 years.. was unbelievable.. it took me all that time of writing letters to the council before I got a move to a much better close with decent neighbours who let me and my family sleep at nights..

Old 10-07-2016, 07:02 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
the house next to mine is a rental and about 7-8 years ago, a stripper, her mother, her ex-con boyfriend and two of her five kids moved in.... good times!!

the adolescent son would sit on the deck in the back with his bb gun shooting at whatever caught his fancy..... I told them if either of my dogs ever came back into the house with bbs in his or her butt, they would would regret it.....

the stripper got busted at work for performing sex acts on stage and selling drugs.....

and finally, one night either the stripper or her son stabbed the boyfriend in the shoulder.... they didn't have any working telephones, so she sent the son to my house to call 911..... the police spent several hours that night searching the woods behind our houses for the knife, but I don't know if it was ever found..... but it sure kept my dogs excited!!

After that incident, I finally called their landlord and let him know what had been going on over there and they left shortly after......

And this landlord HATES spending any money on maintenance so the exterior of the house has gotten into pretty rough shape over the years..... it is fine right now, though.....

There is a nice young couple with their two children living there now... I hope they stay for a REALLLLLLY long time!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House