U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 09:22 AM

1,493 posts, read 1,310,198 times

Advertisements

Electrolux commercial upright. Bought it about 15 years ago thru a commercial website. Less than 200 at the time. Very long cord. Two motors. Hose is optional on my model. They still make two models which are similar but has hose attached. It has bags. Looks like their Sanitaire SC9180. It is heavy, only drawback for me. Powerful, powerful. Love it, love it, love it..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 09:23 AM

22 posts, read 32,415 times
Miele

Old 10-12-2016, 09:42 AM

5,721 posts, read 17,187,641 times
I think between vacuums and light bulbs, we have the market cornered here. We have many vacuums. I bought an old Kirby that was in fabulous shape but had it rebuilt anyway. We use it for major messes only as it's a heavy piece of equipment. But when it comes to suction, you can't beat an old Kirby. Then we two Electrolux canisters from the 50's. One is my moms that we don't use. The other I bought off of Ebay. It was a refurbished unit and I bought it to throw in the truck but when I got it the condition was like new so it's at the house instead. Can't believe just how quiet it is. All you hear is the air going thru it. We have a Pro Team upright which is a modified Electrolux Commercial upright. The old Electrolux Commercial is legendary for lasting forever and great performance. This is the one the wife generally uses. It also has HEPA filtration if you want it. It's another one that is incredibly quiet. We have others that we use occasionally like a Shark plastic crap, an Eureka the wife keeps in the kitchen for small messes. I have a Huffman stainless wet/dry commercial in the garage along with a Red Devil commercial carry unit. It will actually stick to the wall if you have it running and put against the wall. That's what sold it to me. The cleaning of it is a pain but it sure works for a shop vac. Then we have a few of the cordless ones around. But I think asking what brand vacuum on a rental application is a breach of privacy. Does it matter? Would you be more likely to rent to a guy with a Kirby quicker than you would to a guy with a cheap Shark? If I was renting and was asked that question, I'd be looking at a different house to rent. Makes you sound like a psycho.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:45 AM

2,648 posts, read 1,995,431 times
I'd think you were bat shat crazy if you asked that on a rental application.

But at any rate I have a Shark. Works great. I'm glad I'm not a renter. Are you planning on asking this to see how well they clean?

True story. I rented an apartment to a cop who told me she was a former cleaning lady before she became a cop and she also said because of her cleaning experience I'd never have to worry about her apartment being dirty.

She lied... big time. Not only was it disgustingly filthy but her psycho daughter did quite a lot of damage. Cop renter snuck out in the middle of the night, and lost her deposit. She never asked for it back either so she knew she messed up the apartment. She owned a vacuum because she left it behind for me throw away. It stunk to high heaven though.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:51 AM

6,040 posts, read 5,515,591 times
Royal. Don't love it.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:04 AM

1,399 posts, read 1,609,604 times
What stupid question to put on a rental application!.......really?

Old 10-12-2016, 10:10 AM

9,360 posts, read 12,476,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
I'd think you were bat shat crazy if you asked that on a rental application.

Agreed...and I would run far, far away from your apartment. And I am someone who keeps their place pretty clean, via help from a weekly service.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:18 AM

13,074 posts, read 13,690,535 times
Dyson. But what does it matter???? what a weird question..

Old 10-12-2016, 10:22 AM

14,785 posts, read 22,487,422 times
why in Gods green earth would you ask a question like that ? thank God I own my own house and will never rent again if I can help it . But I have rented lots of places and never ever would I even answer a question like that . Yes I own a dirt devil vacuum and I love it and I only have two places carpeted in my house the rest is hardwood . But honestly yeah I would think you are out in left field if you asked a question like that ...

Old 10-12-2016, 10:39 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,751,078 times
I have 3 separate 'house' structures so I have many vacuum cleaners. I own everything from a Dirt Devil to a (supposedly pet-friendly) Dyson, to Shop vacs (probably 5 of those alone in different sizes), Hoover, Shark, and one I don't remember the brand for (and I can't go look because it is 2k miles away right now).

The one I should never have 'let get away' was my mother's old Hoover - threw it out when I sold Dad's house a few years back but it still worked and was probably the best I ever 'sort of' owned. The ones I use the most .. to be honest .. the Shop Vacs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House