U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 08:05 AM

30,273 posts, read 41,412,777 times

Advertisements

Without looking, can you tell me what brand your vacuum cleaner is?

I'm thinking about putting that question on a rental application and so I am wondering if that is something that most people know or that most people don't remember.

Of course, if you'd like to tell me what brand and whether or not you are happy with it, that would be nice, but mostly I'm wondering if it is a reasonable question.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 08:08 AM

96,860 posts, read 95,994,706 times
I forgot my model but I usually use it to measure the speed of light in a vacuum .

Old 10-12-2016, 08:13 AM

30,255 posts, read 74,447,032 times
We have about five of them, maybe more. None work. Brands include Red Devil (a cheap one) Simplicity (super expensive commercial vacuum - still does not work and uses bags you can only buy at a store that is only open when we are both at work), Panasonic (this was a good one, but something broke and I cannot find parts); Sears - (not sure if this one ever worked); there is also a blue one and another red one. Not sure of the brand. they probably came from target or Metiers and were on sale. I have a big rigid shop vac. That works and despite considerable abuse like leaving it out int he rain, has worked great for about fifteen years.

Our vacuuming is now done by Ruthie. She brings her own vacuums. They are stainless steel or chrome. Don't know the brand.

Why would you want to know what brand of vacuum your tenants use? I think I would read that and go look elsewhere for a rental. Sounds like the beginning of a long troublesome Landlord tenant relationship to me. When we were renting, I wanted a landlord who takes the rent and stays out of our business. This says the opposite.

Most of the time we were renting, we had a cleaning service. We had no idea what brand they use.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:15 AM

20,416 posts, read 43,588,783 times
Mine is a Hoover.
Wind Tunnel to be exact.
in aubergine.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:18 AM

6,232 posts, read 7,675,349 times
Shark Rocket. Great vacuum for the money And asking tenants this question makes you sound like a flake!

Old 10-12-2016, 08:22 AM

45,578 posts, read 56,882,282 times
Yes. I would know.
I take it the reason for the question is whether or not a potential tenant is a regular vacuumer?
Nobody would be dumb enough to say they didn't have one, so they would just make something up.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:23 AM

22,874 posts, read 12,017,238 times
This question is intrusive to me. I understand you are trying to get a feel for how serious a prospective tenant is at caretaking, but a person who uses a broom and dustpan religiously is a better caretaker than a person with a five-year-old vacuum who's used it maybe 20 times.

Besides, would you then check up on whether they actually owned the vacuum they said they did? Otherwise, you're just asking for someone to learn they could b.s. you.

Saving up for a Miele...Current vacuum is a piece of junk, a Hoover I think - doesn't matter what it is, it's noisy and underpowered.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:29 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 2,941,518 times
Kenmore cannister vac

Don't ask this question on the form. Even if you do get answers, it still really doesn't tell you anything about how clean a tenant is going to be.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:09 AM

13,069 posts, read 10,378,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
Kenmore cannister vac

Don't ask this question on the form. Even if you do get answers, it still really doesn't tell you anything about how clean a tenant is going to be.
Yes. I am not exceptionally clean. My fiance is, and therefore now I kind of am, but it doesn't tell you whether or not they use it.

And how are you going to confirm? Its such a strange question that if I didn't know I would put down "Hoover" and move on.

I have a shark. I spent good money on it because I was tired of crummy discount specials that burnt out in a year and clogged easily. I know it was a shark because my Mother told me they were supposedly as good as dyson. The last one was a Dirt Devil or a Hoover, but they were department store lines and pretty crummy.

The Shark I like. Their customer service is great too.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:14 AM

79,126 posts, read 73,155,253 times
Dyson. I know because I had one before and loved it, so I bought another and found they cheaped it down. It gets clogged all the time and it doesn't have the same power as my old one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House