Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 07:45 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times

Advertisements

Are you the mom or the dad? If you're the dad - watch them the entire time and find out WTH they are doing first hand. If you're the mom, THREATEN them that you will watch them! And yes, make them pay.

Seriously, maybe YOU need to take a shower and see what is going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 10:47 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Don't be surprised if your plumber is wrong. How long did he spend trouble shooting it?

What are the odds all three of them are just IGNORING you all these times and flooding the floor? "Oh who cares if we get yelled at"....

I know someone in a wheelchair with a stall shower who had the same repetitive problem (mysteriously wet floors) and her sister (who goes over every day to visit her).....blamed the home health aides giving her a shower. 1st floor condo.

UNTIL the entire room flooded.

TWICE.

First time it was the shower pan, flooding the bathroom into the adjoining carpeted bedroom, second time a couple months later it was in the wall - slowly flooding the adjoining wall's kitchen. Two unrelated failures and fixes.

Her insurance company dropped her.

I realize you said "TUB" but water is tricky like that. It travels.

I came home to my entire 2nd floor falling DOWN (practically) - for an UNKNOWN REASON one night. MONTHS of work to repair. The entire ceiling of my 1st floor kitchen fell down, water shin depth on the 1st floor below my upstairs bedroom, and drywall all over every surface in my den and kitchen. They said "something in the upstairs bath 10 feet away caused it" and the house was only 3 years old.

I moved after fixing it LOL. To a RENTAL.

But yeah, get the doors. I love mine.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 10-23-2016 at 10:58 AM..

Old 10-23-2016, 01:48 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,930,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Don't be surprised if your plumber is wrong. How long did he spend trouble shooting it?

What are the odds all three of them are just IGNORING you all these times and flooding the floor? "Oh who cares if we get yelled at"....

I know someone in a wheelchair with a stall shower who had the same repetitive problem (mysteriously wet floors) and her sister (who goes over every day to visit her).....blamed the home health aides giving her a shower. 1st floor condo.

UNTIL the entire room flooded.

TWICE.

First time it was the shower pan, flooding the bathroom into the adjoining carpeted bedroom, second time a couple months later it was in the wall - slowly flooding the adjoining wall's kitchen. Two unrelated failures and fixes.

Her insurance company dropped her.

I realize you said "TUB" but water is tricky like that. It travels.

I came home to my entire 2nd floor falling DOWN (practically) - for an UNKNOWN REASON one night. MONTHS of work to repair. The entire ceiling of my 1st floor kitchen fell down, water shin depth on the 1st floor below my upstairs bedroom, and drywall all over every surface in my den and kitchen. They said "something in the upstairs bath 10 feet away caused it" and the house was only 3 years old.

I moved after fixing it LOL. To a RENTAL.

But yeah, get the doors. I love mine.
Wow. I cannot imagine how awful all of that was.

Re my plumber: I've used him for several projects and never had a problem with him. He was investigating the wet ceiling for while during that visit. I have an access panel in that bathroom and he could check out the pipes, he filled the tub with water, checked to see if caulking was separating from tub and wall, checked the drain, etc. Everything checked out. As a side note, I had a leak up there before because the water line from the toilet was leaking. He found that one pretty fast.

I have a moisture meter. I routinely check the moisture level in the ceiling. BTW, everyone should have one. Not expensive and extremely useful. Anyway, when that bathroom is not used for showers, the kitchen ceiling is dry. When it is used for showers, it will sometimes get wet. I'm pretty confident that that is where the water is coming from.

As far as the teens go---I am pretty sure I have narrowed it down to one. Once money was involved, the other two started talking. And giving me proof in the form of a soaking wet rug.

Oh, yeah, I'm getting the doors.

Old 10-23-2016, 01:51 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Stand them out in the yard and hose them off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House