Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 01:15 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Tonight was Texas' "National Night Out", a gathering of neighbors in neighborhoods all over the state to make connections with each other to keep neighborhoods safe. Our Police Chief, via radio,encouraged everyone to show their support to all safety officers by lighting up their homes in blue. This morning I replaced my 3 outdoor lights, currently orange and yellow for fall and Halloween, with blue lightbulbs to show my support. I will change them back tomorrow morning.
I put red, white, and blue from Memorial Day through the Fourth of July. For one day in April I also put a blue light for Autism Awareness Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Black lights would be cool
Since when is black a Valentine's Day color? Black is a Halloween color. I know colors don't have to be exclusive to certain holidays, but nobody associates Valentine's Day with black. Valentine's Day is pink and red.

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 10-04-2017 at 01:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 01:52 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
You know, from reading this thread and your "pink birthday party" thread, I'd say you spend WAY too much time obsessing about color combos.

Old 10-04-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
You know, from reading this thread and your "pink birthday party" thread, I'd say you spend WAY too much time obsessing about color combos.
I would actually admit that myself. In truth, I actually wear specific colors on certain holidays, including red on Christmas, pink on Valentine's Day and Easter, and green on St. Patrick's Day. This past Fourth of July I wore a red polo shirt, white socks, and blue shorts.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:36 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,506,670 times
YOLO, have fun!

Old 10-08-2017, 07:57 PM

One of my orange bulbs has already burned out! :-( So now I am using 2 yellows and one orange for Halloween. I will add colored light bulbs to my list of things to look for when I go to Estate Sales.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:53 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I put red, white, and blue from Memorial Day through the Fourth of July. For one day in April I also put a blue light for Autism Awareness Day.

Since when is black a Valentine's Day color? Black is a Halloween color. I know colors don't have to be exclusive to certain holidays, but nobody associates Valentine's Day with black. Valentine's Day is pink and red.
Black lights are perfect for any season. Just make certain you have plenty of glow posters around. The butterfly is the coolest, but you can get some hearts if you want.[ATTACH]What color outdoor light bulbs for Thanksgiving?-heart.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
What color outdoor light bulbs for Thanksgiving?-butterfly.jpg  

Old 11-04-2017, 09:01 PM

We put up our Thanksgiving lights today. As planned, we did an orange-red-yellow combination, with orange in the courtyard and on the right side of the garage, red in the can light, and yellow on the left side of the garage. This combination will remain up until November 24 (Black Friday) when we switch to our red-green Christmas combination.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:21 PM

I have kept my orange and yellow lights, just changed them around from the fall and Halloween placements. I honestly don't see where the red fits into Thanksgiving, but you have 4 lights and I only have 3 to deal with, so I can see it in your decor. I am thinking a yellow, orange and red next fall, since there are leaves of all 3 of these color, then replacing the red for Halloween, and using the same but in different fixtures for Thanksgiving. Going to go with green and red for Christmas.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
I have kept my orange and yellow lights, just changed them around from the fall and Halloween placements. I honestly don't see where the red fits into Thanksgiving, but you have 4 lights and I only have 3 to deal with, so I can see it in your decor. I am thinking a yellow, orange and red next fall, since there are leaves of all 3 of these color, then replacing the red for Halloween, and using the same but in different fixtures for Thanksgiving. Going to go with green and red for Christmas.
For Halloween we do orange and black.

Last year for Thanksgiving we did orange and red (since we didn't have yellow bulbs at the time), with orange in the courtyard and the left side of the garage, and red in the can light and right side of the garage. Since we now have yellow (we bought them before Easter this year for the Easter yellow-pink combination), we decided this year to incorporate yellow into the mix for Thanksgiving. Since we have two yellow bulbs, I could have done just orange and yellow, but then I would have an extra can light swap for Christmas which was I trying to avoid (this is the reason why I put the red up in the can light). That red bulb will remain up for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentine's Day.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:02 PM

That's right, I remember you mentioning that in a previous post. The can light is difficult or a PITA to switch out, I believe? I don't blame you, then.

Oooo, Valentines Day. I gotta add pink bulbs specifically to my shopping list and "Estate Sale Items to Look For" list. I do have on my list as "colored light bulbs".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House