Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 10:29 AM

633 posts, read 581,626 times

Advertisements

Most HOAs near me do not allow dog walking on property. You can walk dog on sidewalk till he is off property or carry him then he can **** and poop off property.

Why do i want dog poop and **** on the flowers and grass. I dont let my dog poop and pee at my house so why would I let him do it at my condo complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 10:51 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,855,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And I might never have a problem outside an HOA (for instance, puppy mill or geodesic dome home going up next door) until I do, and then I'd be wishing for an HOA again.
I had a very bad experience in a non-HOA neighborhood which is why I now choose to live in a HOA neighborhood.

All you have to do is read the HOA covenent before you buy a home. If you don't like the "crazy HOA rules" then don't buy the house. Simple.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:32 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I had a very bad experience in a non-HOA neighborhood which is why I now choose to live in a HOA neighborhood.

All you have to do is read the HOA covenent before you buy a home. If you don't like the "crazy HOA rules" then don't buy the house. Simple.
I know what you mean - I agree. And I've never bought into a "crazy HOA" neighborhood - I have only good things to say about any HOA neighborhood I've been a part of. No issues whatsover.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:41 PM

483 posts, read 418,367 times
I would never buy HOA.
(Rented a house with HOA and townhome with HOA, even went to meetings)
No way I pay tax (HOA fees) twice.
And still be without freedom.

All my neighbors have big dogs that barks but I never hear them (live far apart).
I can off leash my dog on slow traffic hours (we are quite a private road) and am free to do so. We all have big property and yards here.. horse and angus farms.

We even put Roman's private trails in our backyard so he can walk with us whenever we want.

The next best thing will be a house next to a nature preserve (one of my neighbor has that).
Attached Thumbnails
Crazy HOA rules.-received_988796861175172.jpeg   Crazy HOA rules.-received_1010583165663208.jpeg   Crazy HOA rules.-received_1247382515295967.jpeg  

Old 12-01-2016, 06:52 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBeachBum View Post
Most HOAs near me do not allow dog walking on property. You can walk dog on sidewalk till he is off property or carry him then he can **** and poop off property.

Why do i want dog poop and **** on the flowers and grass. I dont let my dog poop and pee at my house so why would I let him do it at my condo complex.
Does he use the toilet?

Old 12-01-2016, 06:57 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
And the alternative is anarchy? There are always about 10% of people who have zero respect for their neighbors especially in regard to pets. Dogs being allowed to relieve themselves in elevators or in the middle of sidewalks. Unleashed Pit Bulls in areas where children and toddlers are playing. On and on.
There are leash laws. You walk your dog on...a LEASH. You take a poop bag...so you can pick up the poop. Those are the LAWS set by the TOWN. If you disobey the LAWS, you pay a FINE. That's why you do not need an HOA. You have LAWS. Are the town, state, and federal laws not enough? You want to live in a place with even more laws and rules??

Old 12-02-2016, 03:05 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
There are leash laws. You walk your dog on...a LEASH. You take a poop bag...so you can pick up the poop. Those are the LAWS set by the TOWN. If you disobey the LAWS, you pay a FINE. That's why you do not need an HOA. You have LAWS. Are the town, state, and federal laws not enough? You want to live in a place with even more laws and rules??
Exactly! As I indicated in the other thread, even though I am outside the City Limits, there are County and State laws regarding trash, hazardous waste, unregistered (junk) vehicles, noxious weeds, etc. that I must abide by. I do not need, nor do I want, anybody telling me that my land or my exterior walls are "common areas". I do not want to be told that I can not own a one ton dually pickup, or I can not park my RV on MY property, or I can not have an aircraft (yes, one development near here has that rule), or I can not put up a Ham Radio antenna (or tower), that I can not have a flagpole and flag, etc.
I heard that one local development at one time had CCRs that totaled SEVENTY TWO PAGES! I do not know if it is still that way or not (that development is WAY out of our league!), but that is simply attempting to exercise too much control over the residents!

Old 12-02-2016, 03:32 PM

9,360 posts, read 14,103,620 times
Have you noticed though that most of the HOA haters have a lot of property? At least enough for a reasonable buffer. Lots of HOA communities have less space in their yards than they do in their houses. It makes for an entirely different world. And, the HOAs almost always pay for their own --often narrow-- roads and drainage basins, so there needs to be some sort of money collecting apparatus to arrange for maintenance and repairs. I think that is where each group has a hard time 'getting' the other.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:07 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Define "a lot of property". I really do not believe my 1.69 acres qualifies as "a lot". Well, yes it is one lot. But it is not "a lot of property".
Oh, and I was wrong. That development does not have 72 pages of CCRs. It originally had 14 pages, but they were superseded and replaced by 92 pages of covenants, more than 20 pages of bylaws, and another 60 pages of design rules. See the story:
Buyers in Rehberg Ranch subdivision sue over increase in housing covenants | Business | billingsgazette.com
172 pages of rules to live by? No, thank you!

Old 12-02-2016, 04:22 PM

9,360 posts, read 14,103,620 times
In our Raleigh area, very few new HOA homes are even 0.5 acres, and many are 0.12 acres or so. Like I wrote, imagine the surrounding yard is the same size as the house. And even if the new home is 3000-5500 sq ft., that is still a small lot. In fact 10,000 sq ft is becoming a relatively big lot, unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House