Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 12:23 PM

448 posts, read 1,054,758 times

Advertisements

i myself would avoid LG it's junk cheap touch panel controls my dishwasher broke 3 times thank god once was under warranty but the touch pannel broke 3 times and the gasket down by the pump to. thank god i bought the insurance and they said it would be cheaper to send it back to them than to fix it i got a refund on my purchase excluding the insurance fare to me i bought a better brand then LG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 02:07 PM

2,202 posts, read 5,355,148 times
I have the Whirlpool set. I purchased the Whirlpool because our appliance repair person suggested them over the LG. (It was a couple of years ago and I don't remember his reason). I am very happy with them and the steam cycle is great.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:54 AM
U&H

1 posts, read 644 times
Hello,
Couple of things....you really aren't supposed to use dryer sheets in new front load dryers. It will eventually coat the sensor and then cause the dryer to not dry clothing appropriately. This isn't in the manuals, but a tech a Lowe's informed me of this prior to my purchase. Apparently this is a big issue/customer complaint.

Also, as a side note, dryer sheet actually leave a coating on fabric. It's what makes the fabric softer. If you're drying wool, you will ruin the wool because of this coating. If you're trying to prevent static, you can put vinegar in a downy ball in the washer. This leaves no smell of vinegar, only a clean smell. (Don't do this if you're using bleach! It will cause a chemical reaction.) The other thing you can do, is to put vinegar on a cloth and place it in the dry with your damp clothes. Although, this does leave a slight vinegar smell. Hope all this info. was helpful! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House