Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 07:19 PM

572 posts, read 431,354 times

Advertisements

If I get pizza, I get takeaway/carryout. Do you know how ecpensive the pizza is already? And yet, some dufus wants MORE THAN THAT when it arrives.

Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 10:13 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,693,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
how much did you tip the driver?

If he is squawking about 20 cents, I bet there was no tip.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:32 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,491,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybill View Post
THis is wrong you cannot tax AIR .............ONLY the product you buy ......

heres what i got two med 1 topping pizzas $5.99 each = $11.98 our tax here in this city is 8% this is .95 extra = $12.94 add delivery $2.50 = $15.44 uh uh i got charged $15.64 2.50 x 8% = .20 bingo = $15.64 exactly

well i was seraching google seems papa johns is in court over same issue.

HELLO i delivered food for places who had delivery charges it was never taxed .........

last place i worked charged $2.15 drivers got $1.15 good thing because the customers in upper class homes were ignorant and stiffed me more than residents where i live in same city and our people the working class are so freaking friendly and all tip great because place i deliver for has NO DELIVERY CHARGE.

Only steak n hoagie shop plus FF mozz sticks and other sides.
Dominoes doesn't charge the tax. The taxing authority does (your city or state).

Delivery is a service, in that instance.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:40 PM

9,333 posts, read 6,872,771 times
Worse yet you eat garbage dominos? Gross!

Old 01-28-2017, 12:48 AM

1,399 posts, read 1,782,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
if the Pizza company is charging a $.20 sales tax on every delivery and pocketing it.......it is a big deal.

We all pay enough in taxes w/o companies adding a tax on the portion of the bill that should not be taxed.
Hilarious! It is not a big deal. If you do not like the .20 tax then simple. Do not have a pizza delivered. This is completely controlable. Unless you beilieve that somehow quality of life will be reduced by the imposition of a tax on deliveres that will impinge on ones ability to afford a delivered pizza. My God! This post makes me laugh! Of all the crap in life to worry about.....

Old 01-28-2017, 02:44 PM

17,670 posts, read 29,550,848 times
Default Solved the tax on delivery issue for you

DiGiorno
Look, this isn't a "real" pizza. The crust is exceedingly firm on the bottom and doughy on top. But this pizza, more than any others, feels like it's really, really trying to be a real pizza, and it's largely succeeding. I'd rather eat this than Domino's or Papa Murphy's any day.
https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation...rillist-nation

Old 01-28-2017, 04:05 PM

4,315 posts, read 3,957,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargoman View Post
Hilarious! It is not a big deal. If you do not like the .20 tax then simple. Do not have a pizza delivered. This is completely controlable. Unless you beilieve that somehow quality of life will be reduced by the imposition of a tax on deliveres that will impinge on ones ability to afford a delivered pizza. My God! This post makes me laugh! Of all the crap in life to worry about.....
Completely wrong attitude !

If the OP is correct that delivery should not be taxed, Dominos has no business adding a non-existant tax and pocketing it.

Makes no difference if it is only a penny.

That is unethical and illegal.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:56 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,915,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Completely wrong attitude !

If the OP is correct that delivery should not be taxed, Dominos has no business adding a non-existant tax and pocketing it.

Makes no difference if it is only a penny.

That is unethical and illegal.
Except it may not be "unethical and illegal" depending on which state the OP lives in.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:38 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,919,326 times
Quote:
+1

This thread is hilarious! Of all the things to get upset about. LIFE IS SHORT. Enjoy what you can, and if the cost is too much then enjoy something cheaper.

Or, I suppose that if you really enjoy stirring the pot, you could report them to the taxing authorities/bureaucracy. But me, I'd rather just shrug my shoulders and enjoy a nice hot pizza that I can afford.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:32 PM

10,102 posts, read 19,300,689 times
Quote:
You had a pizza delivered. Step down and think what a luxury that must seem like to some one in Sudan, Syria....or even one of the poorest counties in our country. You got charged an extra .20 for the privilege of eating a hot food item brought to your doorstep. Rinse that lovely pizza down with that other luxury called running water.....whiner!
Get real....we're NOT in Syria, Sudan, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House