Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 11:51 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times

Advertisements

Sitting in a tub you're sitting in your filth. Shower is cleaner, less water, faster, no filthy tub ring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 01:31 AM

412 posts, read 386,041 times
Totally. Silly all these bathtubs that are just showers. I actually think the 19th century bathtubs made more sense. But a shower stall is ideal.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:05 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I would. I kind of regret keeping my tub in the second bathroom when I remodeled. In fact the only reason I made the style choices I did was because I was expecting it to be mostly for show with limited use. Even when my kids were little they used the walk in shower in the master because using the tub was annoying. And now it turns out I now have 2 other adults living in the house who share that bathroom and they don't take baths either. We haven't filled the a bathtub in my house for over 20 years and I'm not planning to move. The way I see it is anyone buying would probably want to update things anyway and could drop in a tub if they wanted to. One of my neighbors actually did this in the master bath when they bought the house. I don't know why, these houses only have room for a standard tub and those aren't comfortable IMO.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:45 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I like bath tubs to have an occasional relaxing soak. And it makes it much easier giving a dog a bath. Some houses I've been into only had a shower in their bathroom. I wouldn't buy one unless it had a bath tub in one of the bathrooms.

When my parents renovated the only bathroom in the house, I tried talking them out of installing a walk-in shower only explaining that if they ever tried selling the house that it may make it harder to
sell
Couldn't care less. I like a very big walk-in shower (and when you get older or disabled you can put a bath chair in it.) I tore out the silly bathtubs in the bathrooms of the condo I renovated.

As for resale, it was shown to two couple and both wanted it. It sold in a week, and neither mentioned having a problem with the bathrooms.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:32 AM

30,526 posts, read 16,222,191 times
I would and I did. One bath with a walk-in shower. The 1st time I've ever had one and I love it.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:35 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
I would definitely buy a home without a bath tub. Those things are the primary cause of serious falls and injuries in the home for older folks, slippery with a high wall to step over. Most people I know want a house with a large walk in shower, preferably large enough for 2, and with a built in for women to more easily shave their legs. Bathtubs are obsolete in my opinion.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:41 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
I hate Bathtubs. Don't like sitting in my own filth. I don't know what the attraction is. You need a hot tub if you like sitting in a tub of hot water.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:40 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Sitting in a tub you're sitting in your filth. Shower is cleaner, less water, faster, no filthy tub ring.

I never understood the logic that showers use less water. I remember as a teen my step-father didn't like me taking baths for that same reason. With baths, you fill up the tub and that is it. With showers, the water is constantly flowing-unless you are one of those people who jump in and jump out. When I take a shower to wash my hair, it takes me a LONG time-shampoo & conditioner. In fact, my baths are probably shorter than my showers. There have been many times I have ran out of hot water taking a shower. I have NEVER ran out of hot water taking a bath (unless several others took a bath/shower before me).

Cat

Old 01-29-2017, 07:47 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,096,718 times
Most shower heads come with flow restrictors built in. If you have a tub/shower combo, close the drain and see how much water you are actually using while showering.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:52 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
No, not unless there was potential to add a either another bathroom or a bathtub. We have moved several times over the years and I watched the houses on the market with only a shower sit and sit on the listings. Often the houses have been renovated and are really attractive but.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House