Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 07:53 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,286,029 times

Advertisements

My stepdaughter has a cleaning business in the NC mountains so I can tell you what she just told me. She also makes her own Eco friendly cleaners. If you aren't well known and you just put your name in the paper they get about $15.00 and hour. If you are better known and are bonded and insured it's about $20-$25 an hour. If you go with a franchise service it is about $35 an hour.

I would imagine pricing is flexible depending on the house and what you expect to have done.

I used to clean houses in the Hamptons when I was young back in the late 80's. I got $60-$75 per house and it took me about 2-3 hours per house. I also did the towels and sheets. I had one house that a bunch of Doctor's shared for the summer. They had young children and I would find dirty diapers under beds and overflowing and spilling out onto the bathroom floor. That wasn't the kids fault that was the adults who were pigs. Scary to think they were Doctors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 02:11 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,356,541 times
I pay my service $85 weekly. It's usually 3 people and they're here for 2 hours. I'm not impressed though and I really need to find a new cleaning person or service.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,388 times
It depends on the square footage of your home it varies by area as well Mod Cut Link

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 01-05-2013 at 08:24 PM..

Old 07-31-2010, 10:57 AM

2,500 posts, read 6,298,018 times
I clean OP houses. I charge $20 an hour and Im worth it. My clients say how many hours and how deeply they want their house cleaned. I start with the most important rooms and work until their time is up. Most of my houses are every other week so I rotate cleaning lesser used rooms. That way if you just want light cleaning I get further. I think an hourly charge works out better. That way peeps get what theyre willing to pay for. If you want me to make your beds and put all your stuff away and wash your clothes then thats what you pay for. I also do other stuff like organizing, light maintenance stuff, landscaping, painting lawn furnitue wahing windows etc.

I agree the neatnicks are harder to clean. They dont seem to unsestand that if a surface has a little dirt or a lot you still have to clean it the same. Also I dont just wipe stuff off. I clean and polish. Personally I prefer to clean the dirty peeps houses. They get excited when they come home to a house thats been spit shined.

I just dropped one of my neatnicks cause I got tired of the nitpicking. Life is too short and besides that I have a waiting list. I dont expects woops of joy from my clients like in the commercials. But when Ive polished a bathroom until you can see your self in the tile I dont appreciate being told the overflow hole in the sink isnt clean enough.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:58 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,082,245 times
Yeah...we pay by the job...100 bucks for straight cleaning (no laundry, etc), which takes about 5 hours...that's pretty good wages if you think about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House