Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 11:07 AM

106,675 posts, read 108,856,202 times

Advertisements

i think this is what you have and they are IC-----
--------------------------------------------------------Model # CER105
Internet #202025123
Store SKU #384839

Product Overview
The Commercial Electric 6 in. White Recessed Lighting Housings and Trims (6-Pack) feature an IC-rated design that allows for direct insulation contact and an airtight construction to reduce energy loss. A thermal guard provides additional safety for these kits while the pre-wired provisions allow for quick installation. Included are six 6 in. new construction housings and six 6 in. white baffle trims.
Airtight construction helps reduce heat and cooling loss
6 in. housing provides illumination for your general lighting needs
Use for new construction installations
Thermal guard for additional safety
White finish with white baffle trim helps reduce glare and complements a variety of interior looks
UL listed for damp locations
IC-rated for direct insulation contact
Pre-wired provisions allow for easy installation
Includes 6 in. housings and 6 in. trims

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerci...R105/202025123
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 12:05 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,064,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane west View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy ONE Canister such as Roman45 posted above? Model number E178858? I have 4 of them with 1 near that is another brand. want to replace so they are all the same. Is 'Commerical Electric' the manufacturer and I guess Home Depot is a no? please help.
My questions would be...

One, why? Why do you need to replace the fixture? The recessed fixture itself may not need to be replaced if this is about the trim. Most trims are easily interchangeable from one manufacturer to another- some may require a bit of RE, but it will work. And there can be some real wrangling if you have new work recessed fixtures; versus old work fixtures.

So, is that the problem or is there more to this story than you have divulged?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House