Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 12:01 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,950,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I am bumping this thread up because we are having our downstairs bathroom redone-FINALLY. Our contractor just came up stairs and asked me if he could use our bathroom. I said NO! Then I said of course he could use it. I told him about this thread and asked him if people let him use it or not. He said, "As long as we take care of it."

Cat

well, it would seem unreasonable that you would have to take care of it for him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 05:01 PM

50,178 posts, read 63,623,198 times
I had some furniture delivery men ask to use the bathroom. I said yes, but I felt like it shouldn't have been necessary. They were not here long enough that they could not have made other arrangements.
I'm not sure why I felt funny about it, but I did. So I understand why op felt this way. If I had contractors here all day, I wouldn't have minded as much.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:54 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,458,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
lol!

I have a relative who is a retired teacher and when someone says "Can I...?" she corrects you and says "May I....?" Your post made me think of that, because it would be like "well, I would hope you have learned how to use a bathroom by now! It's right over there."
I had a high school teacher correct his students saying "If you can't use the bathroom, I'd suggest you see your urologist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I had some furniture delivery men ask to use the bathroom. I said yes, but I felt like it shouldn't have been necessary. They were not here long enough that they could not have made other arrangements.
I'm not sure why I felt funny about it, but I did. So I understand why op felt this way. If I had contractors here all day, I wouldn't have minded as much.
Bathroom can be a bit of a personal thing.

AFAIK, with contractors, they should have some vetting beforehand, whereas movies don't?

As someone who does out of town trips every now and then, I do appreciate when I get a chance to use the restroom when I can, even though there were times I could've or did hold it in till my intended destination, so it can be a nice thing for these movers.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:57 PM

9,355 posts, read 14,010,665 times
Not to be paranoid, but if I kept my medicines in the bathroom and they were the sort that people might steal, it might make a difference.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:24 PM

221 posts, read 191,988 times
Houseguests and contracted home improvement folks and bathroom use are an occasional topic on a top rated Phoenix morning radio show. With no stop sets the debate and basic commentary has lasted over a half hour. The male host will ban you from the home should body requirement demand anything other than a sprinkle flow.
He made an exception when the 'offender' gave him funds, almost a year down the road, to replace the toilet.
Ponder the thought should the medical profession determine, case by case basis, an individual didn't look right and this person needed attention by whomever was next available. This doesn't flow. When you gotta go you gotta go. People are people, you know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House