Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 08:50 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times

Advertisements

Yeah, some of the answers are more about lack of driving rather than being confined to the house.

I've gone without driving for several weeks at a time, many times. But I left the home on foot, on bike, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 09:52 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
2011 -- I had a very nasty fall. My toe caught on a box, twisted my left foot the way your foot isn't supposed to twist, went down hard on the right side. So I was massively bruised on my right and my left leg I damaged the ligaments so badly it wasn't funny. I called my doctor, and he took one look at me and sent me to someone else, hey no waiting when it was this bad -- so nice these people have wheelchairs! I could drive easily -- walking was a nightmare.

SO -- the consensus was I had to stay off it for 6 weeks then start PT and stay off it depending. I was off work for three months and for a month and a half I had to basically stay still. That's when I found out at that point, you could watch NCIS 24 hours a day. After a couple of weeks I was bonkers, when I discovered my sewing chair. On wheels. Give me wheels... I did laundry, dishes, vacuumed... I'd roll to where I needed to be and stand for a little and sit and rest... and vacuumed in my chair entirely, and when I got to PT I found out that sitting in a chair that rolls and pushing and pulling myself along -- was PT... Thankfully my massage therapist didn't mind coming to the house...although she did think I was crazy when I told her I vacuumed.... So about 6 weeks..

Old 05-23-2017, 07:11 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver8ack View Post
Well...um...I see why you didn't leave the house, but there is such a thing as TMI

HaHaHa - thanks for the morning chuckle.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:45 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Yeah, some of the answers are more about lack of driving rather than being confined to the house.

I've gone without driving for several weeks at a time, many times. But I left the home on foot, on bike, etc.

I have gone without driving for about 15+ years or so. Yup-my driving days are over.

Cat

Old 05-25-2017, 12:40 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,731,744 times
I've been snowed in for longer than that, lol.
As mentioned by others, my longest stretch is probably post surgery. About a week.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:30 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
We-ll, it looked like it was going to be all this weekend. My Memorial Day Trip (one of the 3 days) got canceled so no where to go. Stay at home, stay in the home, unpacking.

But I just did the country girl thing, pulled on jeans and boots (was inspired by a picture of George Bush) and went out to the mail box by the road to check on the post ........... and marveled at what a lovely ranch I've got at dusk, here at almost the end of a remote dead end road.

As much as I love my house, I am reminded that I need to take at least a few minutes each day outside and marvel at what a wonderful spread I have.......if I'm only looking around the containment zone of the house.

So mark me down at the bottom of the list.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:10 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Gotcha beat.....FIVE days! Recuperating from surgery.
I was basically housebound for about 8 straight days recovering from Achilles tendon surgery a couple of years ago. I thought I was going to go insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House