Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 04:56 PM

7,419 posts, read 7,004,097 times

Advertisements

Looking at Englert's LeafGuard and K-Guard, particularly LeafGuard.

Interested in feedback from homeowners who have purchased and what you think now that you own them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 10:50 PM

17,403 posts, read 65,528,173 times
If you do a search of this forum you will find plenty of threads about gutter guards, helmets, etc.

Bottom line, they're pretty much worthless!

Old 07-02-2017, 06:46 AM

Thanks for the constructive feedback...

But that was not the question...looking for actual homeowners who have purchased or considered solely LeafGuard or K-Guard (not general gutter guards or gutter helmet)

Old 07-02-2017, 07:26 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,187,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Thanks for the constructive feedback...

But that was not the question...looking for actual homeowners who have purchased or considered solely LeafGuard or K-Guard (not general gutter guards or gutter helmet)
Hope springs eternal!

Old 07-02-2017, 07:50 AM

34,091 posts, read 82,438,418 times
If/when you need to replace the gutters (or have money to burn)...
go for one of the extra large choices or a style that avoids the down spout. LINK

Regardless, you'll still need to get up there and do some cleaning.
With mu pin oaks that is at least 2X per year (Dec & June).

hth

Old 07-02-2017, 08:18 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,069,732 times
That's an interesting design. I'd also like to hear what is said by someone who had them installed. I've read many a thread about the perfect gutter, and the operative solution seems to be, lose the trees. Not an option for me as they are all in my neighbors yards.
Just looked online, and there is a dealer not seven miles from me.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:23 AM

Yeah trees are here to stay. For those that have them, know what it's like with leaves in the fall and particles in every other season.

These seem to be the only ones to solve the problem.

http://www.leafguardgutters.com/fred...utm_medium=cpc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIcenter View Post
That's an interesting design. I'd also like to hear what is said by someone who had them installed. I've read many a thread about the perfect gutter, and the operative solution seems to be, lose the trees. Not an option for me as they are all in my neighbors yards.
Just looked online, and there is a dealer not seven miles from me.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:40 AM

735 posts, read 1,578,355 times
I purchased englert leaf guards at my last home and they worked fantastic for a few years and resisted the 80+ year old pin oaks in the front yard. After about 5 years they started to clog and true to their word the company came out and cleaned them. Before I sold I had them out twice a year. No complaints except that I should have gone with the super sized model vs. the large.

I am going to have the super sized installed at my current home now, just waiting on the painter to finish the trim work.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:44 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,069,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan63 View Post
I purchased englert leaf guards at my last home and they worked fantastic for a few years and resisted the 80+ year old pin oaks in the front yard. After about 5 years they started to clog and true to their word the company came out and cleaned them. Before I sold I had them out twice a year. No complaints except that I should have gone with the super sized model vs. the large.

I am going to have the super sized installed at my current home now, just waiting on the painter to finish the trim work.
It looks like the gutter cannot be opened. How did they go about cleaning them?

Old 07-02-2017, 09:22 AM

Several pin oaks here myself, along numerous other trees. Those helicopter things are unreal how much accumulates on my back patio, can only imagine what gets on the roof.

So after you had them installed, did you have them cleaned once or twice every year? They have a service for $199 where they clean the entire system inside and out.

By super size are you referring to the 6" vs the 5"?

Seems they now offer a wrapping that has come out in the past 6-12 months, serves solely as a cosmetic feature for the gap between the roof and the gutter.

One thing I notice is their pricing seems to vary based on current discounts etc. roughly how many feet of gutter did you have installed and what was roughly the ballpark pricing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan63 View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House