Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 08:24 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,019,787 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea what it would cost (even if it's a guesstimate) to side a mobile home (i believe it's a single wide)? Home's in Mass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 08:56 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
What are you planning on siding it with, and what is the siding now? Are you planning to take the old siding off first?

Old 03-12-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
What are you planning on siding it with, and what is the siding now? Are you planning to take the old siding off first?
Have no idea. It's not my place. A couple that's interested in my home has a mobile home their either thinking of selling or renting but want to put siding on it. thinking of offering the cost of siding the thing as an incentive to them. vinyl siding i guess.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:38 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
If it's a single-wide that's say 12' x 60', you can probably figure around 15 squares of siding. In Mass, you could find a hack to throw it up for around $150/square (probably the only contractor you'd get to side a mobile home anyway), or pay as much as $500+/square for a licensed, insured contractor. That's a range of anywhere from $2,100-7,500, so maybe throw them a $3k bone and see if they bite.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:44 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,692,521 times
My parents own a single-wide vacation mobile, and had new siding put on last year. (They're in WI.) It cost them about $3000 total for vinyl siding.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:00 AM

thanks bob and lovemaine. I was thinking somewhere between $3K and $5K myself. my realtor's talking to the couple again friday night. gonna throw this idea out there and see what happens.

lovemaine, where in maine? My absolute favorite town in Maine is boothbay/boothbay harbor. It's so beautiful and peaceful there.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
thanks bob and lovemaine. I was thinking somewhere between $3K and $5K myself. my realtor's talking to the couple again friday night. gonna throw this idea out there and see what happens.

lovemaine, where in maine? My absolute favorite town in Maine is boothbay/boothbay harbor. It's so beautiful and peaceful there.
Unfortunately we're not in Maine yet! Working really hard on it though! The plan is to move up next year. We're most like going to settle in the Bangor area. If we could live anywhere, it would probably be Camden. We haven't been to the Boothbay area, but I've have heard that it's lovely.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Unfortunately we're not in Maine yet! Working really hard on it though! The plan is to move up next year. We're most like going to settle in the Bangor area. If we could live anywhere, it would probably be Camden. We haven't been to the Boothbay area, but I've have heard that it's lovely.
I've never been to Bangor. Camden IS a wonderful place. Boothbay is very quaint. Small little town with some cute shops and very good restaurants. Good luck to you. We're moving to VA (in mass now).

Old 03-12-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
I've never been to Bangor. Camden IS a wonderful place. Boothbay is very quaint. Small little town with some cute shops and very good restaurants. Good luck to you. We're moving to VA (in mass now).
Good luck with your move too! Can I ask why you're leaving Mass.? (It's not the taxes and high cost of living, is it? ) We love New England, and can't wait to make it our permanent home!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Good luck with your move too! Can I ask why you're leaving Mass.? (It's not the taxes and high cost of living, is it? ) We love New England, and can't wait to make it our permanent home!
it's the weather. hubby and i are both big summer outdoor people. we LOVE the hot summers but they're so short in mass. it's time for a change for us (lived here our whole lives, want to experience life outside of mass). our taxes are high for our town but compared to some of the other towns/cities in mass we pay nothing ($2400/yr) and we were lucky to buy 10 years ago so mortgage isn't too bad.

New England is beautiful. I will miss it but i won't miss the winters, too long, too cold, too dreary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House