Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 06:51 PM

18,469 posts, read 31,630,721 times

Advertisements

I tried to open the apartment door under me once on the 3rd floor, thier door and locks are exactly like mine, Im on the 4th floor directly above them. The key wouldnt turn and Im glad they werent home. Yikes !!! then I looked in the hallway and saw the number 3 on the wall, (clue number one)
I bought a little stick on Greek flag, and have it on my door ever since.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 07:09 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
We were sitting at home one night and all of a sudden some strange woman throws open our door and yells "Hey!".

Her face goes white after we all stare at each other for about 3 seconds and she says "sorry" and closes the door. Her husband behind her looked horrified.

I thought it was hilarious. My wife and I never said a word.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:14 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,893,390 times
When I was a kid my family had driven to a family we split Thanksgivings with a couple of hours away and I fell asleep and they let me sleep after they arrived and when I woke up I blearily walked into the house directly next to the car and surprised the folks in the house across the street from correct one.

Of stepping into someone else's car by mistake my SO and I got out of a play and walked to a mostly deserted and darkened parking lot to my 16 yo pristine silver WRX wagon parked next to an SUV with no other cars nearby and I hit key fob, the car honked and I got in but strangely the passenger door didn't unlock so I unlocked it and my husband got in and we sat down ready to go. But, the dash wasn't the faux carbon fiber option I spec'd, and the rear seat was strangely folded down (mine never is) and there was a really fancy soft blaket all folded up- as if to move fine furniture. I was about ready to put in the key in and then it hit me. This isn't my freaking car!!! We hopped out in an shock and looked over to the other side of the SUV and there was my car, with its doors unlocked of course.

What are the chances of two, 16 y.o, fairly rare cars, same color and condition, separated by the one remaining vehicle in a random deserted parking lot where the other owner left his door unlocked?!

I love that story.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:31 PM

521 posts, read 733,191 times
A couple weeks after we moved into a new track home my husband was coming home from the store around 8pm. He opened the front door to the neighbors house on accident. All the houses looked the same and we had a 2 month old so were perpetually sleep deprived. The guy next door was actually quite upset about it which I thought was kind if strange.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:19 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,375,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickPea77 View Post
Or when visiting someone knocked on the wrong door

When I was in school , my mate walked with me and he knocked on a door which he thought was my house which was actually 4 doors away from where I lived , the woman had to send him to the right address
No....you would be at big risk of getting shot doing that here in Texas.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:42 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
I've turned into the wrong driveway, but never tried to walk into the wrong house.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:01 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
I've turned into the wrong driveway, but never tried to walk into the wrong house.
Bingo! You beat me to it. A few days after we sold our first house to move to a bigger one a few blocks away, I went to an evening Rotary meeting, then had a couple (or more) drinks after the meeting. By the time I left I shouldn't have been driving, but I did, and I pulled into my old driveway before I realized I didn't live there anymore!

Old 08-25-2017, 11:24 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,601,599 times
Several years ago my now ex-husband and I went to a Christmas party held by one of my co-workers. It was in a neighborhood filled with mansions.

Thought I saw a co-worker go in well ahead of us so we followed him. I gave a bottle of wine to the hostess and we got up the buffet line with plates in hand just about to dish up and started looking around. Uh-oh. No one looks familiar. Went back to the hostess and asked are you Mrs. Smith? No? Sorry, can we have the bottle of wine back, we're at the wrong house!

It was good for several laughs after that!

Old 08-26-2017, 05:10 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Oh that's funny!

What clued you in? For me, it would be not recognizing the clutter on the passenger floor.
yes, there was a map on the passenger seat and a pair of gloves, IIRC (not mine).

I was just hoping the owner didn't see me and call the police! embarrassing!

Old 08-26-2017, 08:15 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
No, but I have lived in a few places where I was afraid of doing it. I lived in a townhouse apartment once, with row upon row of identical doorways, where maintenance people kept barging in to the wrong apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House