Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 05:06 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,064,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Are you sure you don't have a cat?
That was my first thought too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Keep your cat out of the bathroom. It's unrolling the paper to entertain itself. What you'd expect from a cat that's held prisoner inside a house for its whole life.
What a stupid comment (note, I am NOT calling the poster stupid). First, the OP already said it was NOT the cat. Second, your comment (bolded part) has NOTHING to do with this thread. If you want to argue about the (dubious) merits of letting cats go outside (where they will likely be attacked or killed by predators, after killing dozens if not hundreds of birds etc.), then go to the Cats forum and start a thread.

But back to the OP: do you have a video of the toilet tissue unrolling itself? I have never experienced this and am having a hard time understanding how it can happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 05:12 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,379,877 times
It might be the brand of toilet paper you're using.
Flattening the core a bit should stop the problem.

My cat will shred the entire roll without bothering to unroll it. He has free access to the outside, but he looks for ways to make an impact on the house.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:47 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,730,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
My step-father was an over man-as well as my husband. Me, I could care less. I chose my battles and this is not one of them. But, I REALLY hate putting rolls on the double posts holder. When I lived alone, I never bothered-just put the roll on the side of the sink. I only put it on the holder when I had company. When we redid our bathroom, I put in one of those holders that you just slip the roll on it.

Cat
I am guilty of this. I DO have a roll on the actual holder (over). I just don't use it. (Well, unless I run out, lol.) I use a roll and sit it on the sink. Then when someone comes over, I have to try to remember to stash it under the sink. This habit drives my mother crazy. (I will use a new roll at her house and she gets mad.) I try to explain- I actually use LESS this way because it is folded perfectly...

Old 08-31-2017, 11:27 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmAndEmm View Post
I am an "under". My sister, who lives in another state, is an "over". Although we are definitely very similar in many ways, this is one area where we differ, and I wasn't aware, as we have lived in different states for many years.

One time she was visiting, and I began to notice that every time I went to the bathroom, the toilet paper was hung wrong. So I would switch it. And the next time I would go in, it would be "wrong" again.

This went on for several days. Finally, I got slightly annoyed and as I came out of the bathroom, I said to my sister, "How long are we going to play the toilet paper game?" She said, "What?" I said, "I've noticed that every time I go into the bathroom, someone has changed the direction of the toilet paper..." She got the deer-in-headlights look, was quiet for a few seconds and then said, "Well...it was WRONG!"

We laugh and joke about it to this day.
Toilet paper hung under is dead wrong. One of the worst offenses confronting our society today!

Old 08-31-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
My step-father was an over man-as well as my husband. Me, I could care less. I chose my battles and this is not one of them. But, I REALLY hate putting rolls on the double posts holder. When I lived alone, I never bothered-just put the roll on the side of the sink. I only put it on the holder when I had company. When we redid our bathroom, I put in one of those holders that you just slip the roll on it.

Cat
The first time I pulled on the roll in my new house, the whole thing popped out of the wall. So I stuck a picture over the hole and since have stacked a couple of rolls on the lid. But of course, the fullest one has to go on the right and both unroll to that side.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Keep your cat out of the bathroom. It's unrolling the paper to entertain itself. What you'd expect from a cat that's held prisoner inside a house for its whole life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
That was my first thought too!

What a stupid comment (note, I am NOT calling the poster stupid). First, the OP already said it was NOT the cat. Second, your comment (bolded part) has NOTHING to do with this thread. If you want to argue about the (dubious) merits of letting cats go outside (where they will likely be attacked or killed by predators, after killing dozens if not hundreds of birds etc.), then go to the Cats forum and start a thread.

But back to the OP: do you have a video of the toilet tissue unrolling itself? I have never experienced this and am having a hard time understanding how it can happen.
It seems that you are the one who's pushing an unrelated agenda. I only stated that the boredom of a cat kept inside, could be the cause of its paper-unrolling, which is the topic here. I've experienced this several times with cats and also with their unrolling of paper towels. But, I've never seen a cat that actually let you catch it in the act.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:41 PM

44,623 posts, read 61,597,128 times
Over the top = over achiever.
Under = under achiever.
Squishing tube = balanced.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:55 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
To clarify ,it has nothing to do with the cat,as after taking a length of paper the whole roll will continue to unroll all by itself if not stopped.

The squashing the roll a little before putting it on the roller works ..thanks

Old 09-01-2017, 05:59 AM

24,512 posts, read 10,836,221 times
The ghost who is sharing the house with you was a janitor.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:31 AM

1,226 posts, read 632,930 times
Maybe the gravitational pull is stronger under your toilet paper holder, the same way it is under my bed, in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House