Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 08:35 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times

Advertisements

I use paper in the guest bath.

I've switched to this clear wall dispenser - there are a few styles:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For my personal use, I don't even use a hand towel, I have a ton of washcloths I keep by my personal sink and use them to dry my hands. And in the kitchen I use white "bar towels" for cleaning and drying stuff. Usually after I dry pots and pans or whatever, I use that towel to wipe down the kitchen then toss it for the laundry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 09:02 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Forget decorative towels. Put out towels that people can use. You can find nice looking ones that are also practical.

I can remember going into my sister's bathroom once with really fancy towels on the rack, and no other option. I dried my hands on the decorative towels and she lit into me.

I just don't see the point of towels people can't use.

And paper towels are tacky. Like being in a gas station bathroom. And as someone else mentioned, you never know if someone will be stupid enough to try to flush them.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:30 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Do you live in a Target or an office? Why paper towels? Seems tacky. Just hang a towel. Change it periodically and wash it. It's one hand towel. Not a big deal. I am not a fan of paper towels near toilets. They never get washed!

Old 09-02-2017, 10:15 PM

84 posts, read 111,556 times
Bless your heart, that's tacky. Why keep the nice towels if not for guests?

Old 09-02-2017, 10:37 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Just pop a roll of paper towels on the pedestal sink next to the soap.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:56 PM

545 posts, read 411,497 times
I suppose it depends on how much you hate your guests.

Personally I put a basket full of small fingertip towels on a shelf next to the sink.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:21 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,169 times
I provide both! The paper ones are so pretty and they add to the decor. How pretty are these?!

And these...

I get different ones to coordinate with my bathrooms at the $1 Store (cost $7 or more per pack otherwise)! I like the look. Guests have choices. Inexpensive...

I will pay full price if I just HAVE to have the design.
Plain old white ones work also. Nice and sanitary looking. Don't keep near toilet...

Last edited by tangelag; 09-02-2017 at 11:31 PM..

Old 09-03-2017, 12:05 AM

494 posts, read 501,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Hello,

I have a half bath on my main floor that will be used primarily by guests. There are the regular towel holders on the wall. I'll probably put in a few decorative towels.

However, I think it would be better to provide paper towels for actual hand washing/drying. The problem is the sink is a pedestal type. There's not much room on the sink itself to put a vertical paper towel holder. I would most likely have to put it on the top of the toilet.

Does anyone else provide paper towels in their bathrooms? Where do you place them?
I do both....I providea stacks paper and stacks of terrycloth towels to be used one time....also leave a hamper....also offer moist wipes and dry toilet paper. Dry toilet paper is disgusting..

Old 09-03-2017, 09:03 AM

136 posts, read 136,021 times
We have two "powder rooms" in our home which are available to visitors. One on the main level, and one downstairs adjacent to the man cave/home theater. Day to day they have small hand towels. When we host more than three or four visitors they get changed out for Kleenex brand paper towel dispensers designed to sit upside down on the towel rack and pull out like a commercial dispenser.

Those rooms are toilets, not design statements! They're roomy, well lit, and equipped with high quality fixtures. But beyond that the only requirement is that they be spotlessly clean, and properly furnished with appropriate supplies. There are no unusable decorative linens anywhere in our house.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:05 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
I use the pretty paper ones if I'm planning on having a large crowd (which is rare). Otherwise I use the fingertip towels that I keep on the vanity in addition to the regular towels that are hung up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House