U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 05:35 PM

2 posts, read 12,849 times

Advertisements

Ever wondered?
I think it would be interesting to find out why people clean their houses/apartments...
What motivates you? When do you do it? Do you have special "cleaning" clothes? What else are you doing when you are cleaning? Anything else relevant?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2006, 05:40 PM

10,017 posts, read 17,521,614 times
I cant stand messy, dont know why, i clean from the moment i get up to about 2pm and then wait for the kids to get home and start again. I do have cleaning clothes shamed to say!!! And I put my hair up as well!!! And I mumble about the mess my kids make while I am doing it.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:42 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 1,980,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I cant stand messy, dont know why, i clean from the moment i get up to about 2pm and then wait for the kids to get home and start again. I do have cleaning clothes shamed to say!!! And I put my hair up as well!!! And I mumble about the mess my kids make while I am doing it.
Susie,is that you?Just kidding.That's my sisters name and you sound just like her.Her house stays spotless and she yells at the kids the whole time she's cleaning.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinFever View Post
Susie,is that you?Just kidding.That's my sisters name and you sound just like her.Her house stays spotless and she yells at the kids the whole time she's cleaning.
Ok, I dont yell, I mumble!!!! mostly about the toilets!!!

Last edited by Nea1; 12-07-2006 at 05:54 PM..

Old 12-07-2006, 05:51 PM

1,943 posts, read 8,037,721 times
My house is straightened every day. I do my cleaning on Saturdays. I write a list of everything to do in each room, grab a beer, turn on I-Tunes, and start cleaning. I cross out each thing that I do. My mother-in-law does this, and after having to live with her for 9 months...I realized what a slob I was and how what I thought had been cleaning, had only been smearing the dirt around. Then I realized that sometimes people's impressions of a person can be upon entering and taking a glance at their house. I'm not too clean and perfect that I would appear anal, but I have a nicely decorated, clean house. Not too clean because I have animals and that hair floating around never leaves...but I am proud of my house

Old 12-07-2006, 05:52 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,345,806 times
I clean because I hate living in filth and if I go barefoot (almost always in the summer) and something sticks to my foot that was on the floor...I lose it! I won't eat in my kitchen or cook in it if it's messy. I won't sleep in my bedroom if it's not vacuumed and the sheets fresh. I don't even want my house if it's nasty inside with animal hair, dust, bug corpses, whatever. I need hygiene and a clean environment and a toilet without rings or archeologically historic pooh stains. I like my windows clear and spotless and I like my countertops (which my cats jump on when I'm not looking...I know they do) anticeptic and I'm forever rubbing them down with Clorox wipes when I get a "Cat paw-in-litter box" visual. I can't live in filth. My neighbors across the road are the nicest people, truly wonderful. Their kids are super well behaved and the mom and dad are completely stable, good parents and they snuggle and hug goodbye every morning when she takes off first for work. But their house is a pigstye..I don't mean slightly dirty, I mean it's NASTY dirty, a total mess. I'm so glad they've never invited me over for dinner as I wouldn't do it. I clean my house because I love living in a clean environment.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:56 PM

4,781 posts, read 1,990,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Made me laugh! You mumble about the mess your kids make.
That sure sounds familiar.
I have 4 boys at my house. RE: the toilets (yuk)

Old 12-07-2006, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNN View Post
Made me laugh! You mumble about the mess your kids make.
That sure sounds familiar.
I have 4 boys at my house. RE: the toilets (yuk)
Yep three boys and a hubby, one girl besides me and i know it isnt us!!!

Old 12-07-2006, 06:01 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,534,027 times
Actually, I should be cleaning right now instead of doing this!!!

Old 12-07-2006, 06:10 PM

215 posts, read 282,231 times
There are two types of cleaning for me: I only like cleaning if I have a long stretch of days off and then I pick and choose what I clean If it's the leisurely approach we're talking about, I like to clean the living room, bedrooms and kitchen. I hate the bathroom and the room the cat boxes are in. I usually put on music I like, etc. Sometimes I play games with cleaning if I have to do a lot of it, especially if it includes the rooms I dislike. It's easier, for instance, if I say I'm only going to be in a room for fifteen minutes than to figure I have to finish the job completely. Then I just go to something else. Also, and my husband loves this: Anytime I get frustrated at somebody or something, I have all this pent-up energy and I get out the vacuum and take it out on the carpet..vroom!! vroom!! Here I come and the critters and family run for their lives! I attack everything until it subsides..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House