Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 12:00 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,772,773 times

Advertisements

if this thread is so silly how come it has gotten over 1,200 hits? Or are we all a bit silly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 12:54 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
if this thread is so silly how come it has gotten over 1,200 hits? Or are we all a bit silly?
People tune in to see just how silly it really is.

Old 09-15-2017, 01:08 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Can we move on to the really important question?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Does_Y...t_Overnight%3F) ?

Old 09-15-2017, 11:02 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
I understand exactly what the OP is talking about. Bedsheets have gotten huge to accommodate deep mattress thicknesses. It is hard to find sheets now that don't have enormous pocket depth on the fitted sheet. It's an annoyance.
See, now I have just the opposite problem. I got bored with the bland old bedsheets being sold today, so I went searching on eBay and got some of the older sheets, the ones with the pretty roses and nifty designs. None of those are made for pillow top mattresses and they worked great.

So then what did I do? Got a new bed, of course. And, of course, I was silly enough to get a pillow top or foam top or whatever the heck it is they use to jack the price way up. Now my sheets can only be tucked under one side and I have the same problem the OP does. I wake up with sheets up around my neck every morning.

I'm telling you, it's a no-win no matter which way you go.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:22 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
There is this old story called "The Princess and the Pea" that seems to apply here.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:03 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
So those of us that feel the wrinkles are all princesses? Cool!

Old 05-03-2020, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 310 times
I have the same problem. A mattress that's 17" or 18" thick is too high, and the sheets that fit those are always wrinkled on my much thinner mattress. I've tried the mattress straps and taking the sheets in at the corners. Neither worked. It's miserable to sleep on wrinkles.

Old 05-04-2020, 07:32 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
There is this old story called "The Princess and the Pea" that seems to apply here.
Yes it does apply! I can't even sleep in PJs because if I lay on a seam or a wrinkle it will wake me up. I have searched for years for a solution to the shifty-sheet problem. It may sound silly to some, but folds and wrinkles in the sheets wake me up every night! What I wouldn't give for solid sleep.

For us, the problem began when we bought a new mattress that wasn't as deep as our previous one. The fitted sheet was extremely snug on our old mattress (was really hard to even put it on), but once it was on it didn't budge. Never a lump or wrinkle.

Since getting the new mattress, I have bought several new sets of sheets, have tried altering some to make them less deep, have tried two different "suspender" kind of things, and sewn elastic across the corners to pull it tighter. Using all of these aids together has helped somewhat, but the sheet still does not stay snug.

The only thing left for me to try would be make my own sheets exactly to the depth of our mattress.

Old 05-04-2020, 02:44 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Yes it does apply! I can't even sleep in PJs because if I lay on a seam or a wrinkle it will wake me up. I have searched for years for a solution to the shifty-sheet problem. It may sound silly to some, but folds and wrinkles in the sheets wake me up every night! What I wouldn't give for solid sleep.

For us, the problem began when we bought a new mattress that wasn't as deep as our previous one. The fitted sheet was extremely snug on our old mattress (was really hard to even put it on), but once it was on it didn't budge. Never a lump or wrinkle.

Since getting the new mattress, I have bought several new sets of sheets, have tried altering some to make them less deep, have tried two different "suspender" kind of things, and sewn elastic across the corners to pull it tighter. Using all of these aids together has helped somewhat, but the sheet still does not stay snug.

The only thing left for me to try would be make my own sheets exactly to the depth of our mattress.
What about forgoing a bottom sheet altogether? Can you use a thin mattress pad or zippered mattress cover that does fit and wash it more frequently?

Old 05-04-2020, 05:19 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
Hired help....

It's a real battle we fight nightly...... This will help below~ https://www.thespruce.com/common-bed...stakes-4024000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House