Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 06:19 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
If its still alive it will need water. You might try attracting it to a shallow pan of water placed next to a door. If you find the frog in the pan, open the door and let it escape. There is nothing quite so harmless in a house as a frog, but it won't survive long.
I think it is too late; we have not heard from her for four days!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 06:38 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sortiz View Post
A frog jumped inside my house. I tried sweeping him out but he jumped again and now I can't find it. It's still somewhere in my living rooms oom. How can I find it?? I hate frogs and will die if it jumps on me.
I think you should work on your aversion to harmless creatures. They were here first, you know.

My grandmother taught me that toads (yes, I know, different creature) were voracious eaters of insects, so whenever we were out on a walk in the evening and she saw a toad she'd pick it up and bring it to her garden. I do the same thing, hoping the toads will stay in my place and not go back to wherever they were. Sometimes the toad will pee on your hands, but it's just pee, nothing a couple minutes with soap and water won't fix.

A couple of days ago I was also pleased to see a praying mantis in the bushes. I think they too are good against insects.

I also have a bunch of bushes outside the window of the house, where I can often see little green lizards. Fortunately there are screens so I don't think they could get in the house when the windows are open; I'm not afraid of them, I'm afraid they might not find their way back out again and would die in the house.

I can't say I've seen a lot of frogs around the house anywhere I've lived; I guess I just haven't lived where they are common.

Anyway, four days without a source of water is probably the end of the frog. Someday you may find a desiccated frog corpse under the washing machine or something.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:41 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Even a small chair provides an adequate defense against a frog.
A very small chair indeed.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:28 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
it might be a toomah

Old 09-26-2017, 01:06 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I had a mouse in my house a few days ago. We chased it around for a bit and finally got it to run out the front door.

A few weeks ago we came home to find a bird sitting on our dining room chandelier. He flew around for 20 minutes or so before he noticed we had opened the back slider and out he went.

These are literally things my cats drag in btw. It doesn't happen often but this month was busy! There was also a lizard once a few years back. The cats don't kill these things, they are gifts for us. A frog would be cool.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:47 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Let him run loose and take care of the bugs in the house. Also one day he will turn into a Prince and you'll both live happy ever after.

I tnink the OP would have to find the frog and kiss it for that to happen.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:26 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Let him run loose and take care of the bugs in the house. Also one day he will turn into a Prince and you'll both live happy ever after.
She would have to kiss it first, though...

Old 09-27-2017, 09:28 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Oops. Didn't see you had posted the same.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:05 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Oops. Didn't see you had posted the same.
ROFL, you know what they say about great minds running along the same track........

Old 09-28-2017, 12:45 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Maybe the frog will leap upon her and kiss her first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House