Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 01:46 PM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times

Advertisements

From the sound of this, I would guess all of your appliances are older and will likely need replacing in the coming years. I would think about what you would like to transition to and go with that.

I am not sure why people here complain about stainless. It gets no dirtier than a white appliance. You just have to wipe it down occasionally just like any appliance. I actually think white shows dirt more than stainless which is why we went with stainless and won’t ever go to white. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 01:54 PM

5,641 posts, read 24,944,880 times
I have refinished the front panel on a dishwasher to match older appliances. There are spray cans to match most anything.

Old 01-01-2018, 02:15 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
i wonder if you could get it wrap. the vinyl sticker that you could get in any color

Old 01-01-2018, 02:18 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
According to a kitchen design site: black is the new appliance color.
I tend to invest on how the item functions consistently.
It's your investment,keeping looking til you find something that suits your decor.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:45 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
My closest friend cleans houses and apartments for a living. She is such a clean freak, I tease her about being OCD.

Back when she redid her whole kitchen she suggested she was going to go Stainless with all the appliances. I told her DON"T do it, it shows every mark. (I have bisque and love it) She said she wasn't worried about it "you know me, I'll keep it clean".

Well, she certainly keeps it clean but she wipes it off so many times/daily she regrets it a LOT. She said she'd never go stainless again.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:36 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyS2 View Post
All of our appliances are bisque, & we need a new dishwasher. The kind we want only comes in white or stainless. Our cabinets are a medium oak stain. Our counter top is light also (kind of a cream/bisque/grey marbley color with a blue beveled edge). We’re not sure what to get. Anyone have any ideas?
Stainless, definitely. The white would look odd with bisque. But stainless goes with anything and looks nice.

I guess the stainless costs more, but I think I'd like it more to justify the cost.

I recently got my first stainless appliance: the fridge. My other appliances are black. They blend fine, plus my toaster and range hood are stainless/black. I wondered if I'd get irked by fingerprints, but I find that I get few fingerprints on the fridge (no kids). The stainless is brushed and seems fingerprint resistant. It's not been an issue at all.

But like another poster suggested, are you sure you can't find a dw that comes in bisque? Altho bisque is not a common color these days for appliances, and even if you find one, the bisque won't match exactly, I guess. I'd go with stainless. It goes with anything, IMO.

Old 01-02-2018, 02:08 AM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Paint it. Our last dishwasher had a reversible front panel (black/almond). It would have been easy to paint (use appliance paint, of course), but we put white contact paper on it. It actually looked fine, lasted years. Appliance paint would be much classier.

BTW, take a magnet with you to the appliance store, and you'll find that most "stainless" isn't (magnets won't stick to the real thing). They're basically charging more for the same item without paint.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:11 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
For my own personal preference, I use white. If I’m considering resale in the next 5 years, stainless and granite even though I don’t like them.

I agree that in an old kitchen with old colors, stainless matches better than white. You can buy stainless that doesn’t show fingerprints and smudges as much but that’s not Home Depot bottom of the line appliances.

Old 01-02-2018, 05:19 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
I would match my other appliances....unless you are planning on replacing the other soon.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:23 AM

723 posts, read 570,381 times
IMO, white is timeless.

Stainless is cold and looks commercial to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House