Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2022, 12:48 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times

Advertisements

I bought 3 new garage doors (the installer just did the site visit today) ... although the lead time for installation is 16-18 weeks so they won't be installed until September! Oh, well, that gives me time to clean out the garage ... hopefully my pellet shed will be up by July so I will finally be able to get the wood pellets (USUALLY my main heat source) out of the garage.

Just think, next winter I may be able to PARK MY CAR in my garage!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 01:00 PM

16,546 posts, read 19,689,232 times
https://www.amazon.com/Schlage-BE365...87&sr=8-2&th=1

Not needing keys anymore is life changing.
Bought this one for the Man Door to the garage:
https://www.amazon.com/SoHoMiLL-Elec...s%2C120&sr=8-9

Old 05-10-2022, 03:56 PM

17,614 posts, read 17,656,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
I bought 3 new garage doors (the installer just did the site visit today) ... although the lead time for installation is 16-18 weeks so they won't be installed until September! Oh, well, that gives me time to clean out the garage ... hopefully my pellet shed will be up by July so I will finally be able to get the wood pellets (USUALLY my main heat source) out of the garage.

Just think, next winter I may be able to PARK MY CAR in my garage!
Unless you’re mechanically inclined I would suggest a service contract for the doors. Most mechanically inclined people can perform routine service but some service contracts include discounts of some type should anything go wrong while they’re providing the routine service. They would also be able to more easily identify a potential issue and make corrections before a complete failure.

Old 05-11-2022, 11:52 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,424,435 times
I bought an automatic litter box (Litter Robot). It was ridiculously expensive, but everyone I know that has one, loves it. I was also concerned that one of my two kitties wouldn't use it. But it came with a 90-day, return for any reason policy, so I got one.

OMG, I love it. Absolutely love it. Worth every cent. One of my cats was a little hesitant at first, but she came around quickly. Love never having to scoop a litter box again. Also love that it keeps, for the most part, all the litter contained.

Old 05-11-2022, 12:14 PM

24,514 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
I bought an automatic litter box (Litter Robot). It was ridiculously expensive, but everyone I know that has one, loves it. I was also concerned that one of my two kitties wouldn't use it. But it came with a 90-day, return for any reason policy, so I got one.

OMG, I love it. Absolutely love it. Worth every cent. One of my cats was a little hesitant at first, but she came around quickly. Love never having to scoop a litter box again. Also love that it keeps, for the most part, all the litter contained.
Would you mind to post a link? Thank you.

Old 05-11-2022, 12:32 PM

36,417 posts, read 16,026,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKrause1 View Post
Gutter shutters, front and back. No more gutter cleaning for us. They add to the house as they have been professionally installed and eliminate one more job to do as a homeowner.
Gutter Shutters? gutter guard, K guard, leaf filter, Please explain. Looking for a gutter solution.

Old 05-11-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post

I really want one, but a grand is a lot, but maybe someday. The ultimate solution, in my opinion.

Old 05-11-2022, 01:39 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I really want one, but a grand is a lot, but maybe someday. The ultimate solution, in my opinion.
A GRAND?! I bought a Litter Robot several years ago and I think it was $199 on sale. I thought that was a bit nuts, but it worked (still does, although it's in a room my kitties don't use too often) so it was worth it to me. Now I see the cheapest is $500.

You can probably occasionally find them on sale.

I used to have several LitterMaids (another brand of automatic litter box -- don't know if they make them any more). I liked them a lot but they never seemed to last more than 3-4 years before the motor died. I think they were typically $100-$150, but again, that was a long time ago!

They can definitely be worth it if you have just a couple of kitties and they definitely use them!

=====

ETA: the kind of litter I use now -- Target's Up & Up brand -- clumps so hard and so well that used litter comes out in gigantic pieces. It's great because it takes only a minute to manually scoop -- which is great when you have a bunch of boxes!

Old 05-12-2022, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
A GRAND?! I bought a Litter Robot several years ago and I think it was $199 on sale. I thought that was a bit nuts, but it worked (still does, although it's in a room my kitties don't use too often) so it was worth it to me. Now I see the cheapest is $500.

You can probably occasionally find them on sale.

I used to have several LitterMaids (another brand of automatic litter box -- don't know if they make them any more). I liked them a lot but they never seemed to last more than 3-4 years before the motor died. I think they were typically $100-$150, but again, that was a long time ago!

They can definitely be worth it if you have just a couple of kitties and they definitely use them!

=====

ETA: the kind of litter I use now -- Target's Up & Up brand -- clumps so hard and so well that used litter comes out in gigantic pieces. It's great because it takes only a minute to manually scoop -- which is great when you have a bunch of boxes!
Oh well I need to look again!! Thanks. Ok, 549 and 649 for the 2 different models.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:23 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
DASH Clear View, long slot toaster. Has one long slot, so it accepts any size bread, or 2 regular sized, side by side. We use a lot of artisan breads that were too long for a normal toaster. It comes in a lot of colors to match your kitchen and it makes great toast. There is a defrost, reheat and bagel setting. It is thin, so takes up less counter space. 5 stars.

I got mine at Amazon, $50.
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Recently Bought For Your House That You Would Recommend??-eb30b34b-62a1-4d82-ac8f-0e529cffb401.jpeg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House