Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2018, 09:44 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times

Advertisements

Saw this persons work on Reddit. This is coming Wednesday. 16"x20"

https://www.redbubble.com/fr/people/...r=bright_white

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 12:18 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,551,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Just bought 5 switchplate outlet covers that have a small LED bar of light at the bottom of each one. They are great. They are like night lights, but don't take up actual outlet space. We used one in each upstairs bath and 2 in the hall.

I saw something like this recently in the store or online (can't remember where). Looked really cool, and a great idea! Might have to try a few myself soon.

Old 11-27-2018, 01:05 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
https://www.costco.com/Lasko-Ceramic...100421435.html

We bought this for a cool room that does not seem to be comfortable in cold weather.

We have not used it in super cold weather yet, but so far it seems good. You can set the temp for higher or lower. And it can be set to rotate. Plus it has a remote.

Old 11-27-2018, 01:20 PM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
A few months ago, I bought a Wyze cam ($25 shipped) to see if I wanted a security camera. I have it mounted under an overhang at my front porch (protected from the rain). Even though it is not outdoor rated, it has been working very well and there is no monthly storage cost like with Ring or others. Definitely worth the money if you want to dip your toes in the home security waters.

Old 11-27-2018, 03:11 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
A few months ago, I bought a Wyze cam ($25 shipped) to see if I wanted a security camera. I have it mounted under an overhang at my front porch (protected from the rain). Even though it is not outdoor rated, it has been working very well and there is no monthly storage cost like with Ring or others. Definitely worth the money if you want to dip your toes in the home security waters.
Thanks. Went looking. Might be what we get instead of a Ring. Toe dipping...

Old 11-28-2018, 09:33 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,672,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
https://www.costco.com/Lasko-Ceramic...100421435.html

We bought this for a cool room that does not seem to be comfortable in cold weather.

We have not used it in super cold weather yet, but so far it seems good. You can set the temp for higher or lower. And it can be set to rotate. Plus it has a remote.
Yeah, I got one of these too. I put it in the room occupied by an elderly relative who is always cold, and it works great -- keeps him comfortable without heating the whole house.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:13 PM

4,588 posts, read 6,414,204 times
Outstanding thread. For me, it’s Simplisafe home security system. It was so incredibly easy to install myself. I love the simplicity of it. I signed up for the monitoring and can control and monitor my system via the app. I plan to add the doorbell camera, but already had the inside camera. Best of all, there is no contract!

Old 12-01-2018, 03:17 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semispherical View Post
Yeah, I got one of these too. I put it in the room occupied by an elderly relative who is always cold, and it works great -- keeps him comfortable without heating the whole house.
Good to know. Thanks.

Old 12-01-2018, 05:04 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Just bought this robot vacuum cleaner and my life has been transformed! No more vacuuming with my bad back! And it even cleans under the bed. Total heaven. My apartment now gets vacuumed every day of dog hair. Seriously the best thing I've purchased in...maybe my entire life lol.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I chose this option because it had good reviews about customer service. Would appear it's better customer service than the much more expensive Roomba models. I didn't care at all about a lot of bells and whistles. I just hit the "auto" button and it cleans for around an hour and then puts itself back on the charger.

Hint: I discovered I can actually just put the charger underneath a piece of furniture that it can fit under, so it doesn't take up any floor space.

Old 12-01-2018, 05:12 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Another recent purchase that is amazing for gardeners - I had some type of caterpillar eating the plants on my balcony. I could never catch what was doing the eating at night, but then I finally saw a green caterpillar. I didn't want to use anything non-organic on my snow peas, so I tried this organic product and it actually worked like a miracle!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The bottle is small, but you dont' need much - you mix it with water. I just used a regular small-ish size plant spray bottle that I got at the Dollar Tree. In a separate gallon container I mixed it - and it was only something like 3 tablespoons to one gallon of water. Then, poured it into the spray bottle, so I could spray my plants.

Sprayed them one evening and then the next morning. No more caterpillars! And it's safe for animals and you can even harvest food the same day you spray it. It's just some particular strain of a bacteria that kills caterpillars and worms when they eat it - but not pets or humans.

Works amazing - highly recommend! It's really hard to find any organic pest control that works very well or doesn't require constant (expensive) application.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House