Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2021, 08:29 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I was just going to measure ( because we also have 2 vents that were too big for these) and just googled and lo and behold- our friend amazon among others has a whole selection. It seems price varies by finish but for starters- here's $8-$12 each. And I am sure you can get the sizes you need. I may have to look at this some more for our 2 that haven't been updated yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Decor-Grates-...270370795&th=1
Thank you! I like bronze too so I will check those out. (ETA: ha! Just checked the link and saw that I actually ordered one in size 2"x12" in 2020 for the first-floor bathroom. Great minds think alike! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookashiny View Post
I bought a couple of Sterilite 15 quart plastic storage totes. They're a very good size for miscellaneous items and they've got clasps on both sides to hold the tops shut.
You just reminded me that last year I bought this bed frame on amazon for the master bedroom: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B017YETH8K/ . It is 18" high so has about 17.5" of storage space (i.e. height) underneath -- room for a LOT of stuff! I liked it so much that when I started thinking about re-doing my guest room, I bought one for that too in full size.

I was able to get rid of both of the box springs, as the new bed frames don't need them.

The only downside is that if you want to attach a headboard, you may have to drill new holes in it as many if not most headboards still only have holes drilled in the bottom 10-12" as the manufacturers assume that most people are still using box springs. The good news is that drilling holes is easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 04:55 AM

557 posts, read 297,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookashiny View Post
I bought a couple of Sterilite 15 quart plastic storage totes. They're a very good size for miscellaneous items and they've got clasps on both sides to hold the tops shut.
LOVE Sterilite sooo reasonable compared to rubber maid counter-parts. I just got a set of 10 stacking totes for my garage shelves to hold all those miscellaneous do-dads and parts.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:09 PM

Just bought a tin sign to go in my remodeled first-floor bathroom ... this is typically the bathroom used by guests so I decided to have fun with it: it has a kitty theme ([unfinished] thread about the remodel here -- I will finish it one of these days!: https://www.city-data.com/forum/home...t-color-s.html ) ...

The sign was so silly I couldn't resist! It makes me laugh every time I see it in my amazon orders ... it's due to arrive on Thursday and I expect it will make me laugh when I hang it up too!

===

ETA: the kitty in the tin sign looks like my Chloe ...

I think that's why it makes me laugh!

Last edited by karen_in_nh_2012; 09-21-2021 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: add very important Chloe info :)

Old 09-21-2021, 01:46 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Just bought a tin sign to go in my remodeled first-floor bathroom ... this is typically the bathroom used by guests so I decided to have fun with it: it has a kitty theme ([unfinished] thread about the remodel here -- I will finish it one of these days!: https://www.city-data.com/forum/home...t-color-s.html ) ...

The sign was so silly I couldn't resist! It makes me laugh every time I see it in my amazon orders ... it's due to arrive on Thursday and I expect it will make me laugh when I hang it up too!

===

ETA: the kitty in the tin sign looks like my Chloe ...

I think that's why it makes me laugh!
Haha! I have a tuxedo kitty that looks like the one in the picture. Only mine would be shredding the toilet paper

Old 10-05-2021, 03:06 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
I just bought a couple of these. The outlets in my house are so difficult to access. I wish I'd thought to have them raised up higher on the walls when I had the electrician here updating everything before I moved in. A few more wire-molds would not have bothered me meant I didn't have to lie face down on the floor to reach an outlet. I didn't think of it.

But I didn't know they made power strips in a tower, so I am THRILLED. I don't need ALL those plug spots, but they are sturdy and heavy and stay upright where I place them. You can get really long cords or 6 foot (I got the 6 foot ones) I bought two, so far I've only put one to use, not sure yet where I want the other.
Attached Thumbnails
What Have You Recently Bought For Your House That You Would Recommend??-aaaa.png  

Old 10-05-2021, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
I just bought a couple of these. The outlets in my house are so difficult to access. I wish I'd thought to have them raised up higher on the walls when I had the electrician here updating everything before I moved in. A few more wire-molds would not have bothered me meant I didn't have to lie face down on the floor to reach an outlet. I didn't think of it.

But I didn't know they made power strips in a tower, so I am THRILLED. I don't need ALL those plug spots, but they are sturdy and heavy and stay upright where I place them. You can get really long cords or 6 foot (I got the 6 foot ones) I bought two, so far I've only put one to use, not sure yet where I want the other.
I actually have one that is VERY similar to the one you showed -- it cost $33 on amazon (looks like it's now a dollar cheaper; it's this one: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PT3M78R/ ). I use it in my home office closet for my media-server PC; it's very nice to have so many outlets as I also have my laptop, a small turntable, a bunch of lights, and misc. other things connected to it. Very handy!

Old 10-05-2021, 05:35 PM

557 posts, read 297,322 times
catmoms21, great minds think alike!

I just bought for the outdoors:

For the same reasons. My outdoor plugs are so difficult to access that I hate having to use any of my electric-powered yard equipment. I got a couple of these and a couple of decorative storage pots. Now my extension cords are always plugged in and immediately accessible.
(shucks, now no more excuses for not doing my leaf blowing)...

Old 10-06-2021, 05:38 AM

417 posts, read 455,535 times
Wow those plug molds ( not sure if that is the right term?) are game changers. For real.
It used to be that where the outlets were located determined decorating and where you could locate or use things. This is wonderful. We have our laptops and phone chargers and lights all available to use where we sit.

Old 10-17-2021, 07:01 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
Just bought a Keurig K Cafe Coffee, Latte, and Cappuccino maker. OMG - I love it!

We had a regular Keurig forever. It was one of the old original ones, so probably 10 years old. Loved it. Well, it finally died, so I went to buy a new one. At the store, I was lured in by the fancy Keurig model with the milk frother, and I bought it. It is wonderful! Makes coffee like the old one, but with more size options and a "strong" option. But it also froths milk like a champ and with very little effort for a perfect cappuccino and heats milk almost instantly for a latte. Totally worth the splurge.

Old 10-17-2021, 07:37 PM

2,445 posts, read 1,067,711 times
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This light is just so cute and provides a lot of light. I bought it for a 2 nd bathroom at a rental we own. We are redoing the bathroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House