Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2019, 01:29 PM

4,186 posts, read 3,399,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Sandefjord by Noritake

I bought new everyday dishes. I ordered directly from Noritake, and found two other pieces at Wayfair.

I love them. The mugs are very well designed. Dishwasher and microwave OK.

My old dishes were around twenty years old. It was time for a change.
I would have loved those when I was on my blue and white kick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 02:09 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
I would have loved those when I was on my blue and white kick!
Me, too! They're really pretty. I was also on a blue and white kick for a while and collected a bunch of mismatched (?) china - my only requirements were that the dishes were pretty and that they were blue and white. I still have them and love them, but I don't use them very often.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:11 PM

4,186 posts, read 3,399,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Me, too! They're really pretty. I was also on a blue and white kick for a while and collected a bunch of mismatched (?) china - my only requirements were that the dishes were pretty and that they were blue and white. I still have them and love them, but I don't use them very often.
Hey...same here! (Some of them are decorating my living room at this very moment).

Old 03-29-2019, 02:19 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
Hey...same here! (Some of them are decorating my living room at this very moment).
I have about 25 old blue and white plates clustered in a free form pattern in my back hallway, which is adjacent to my kitchen. I’ve have been moving toward blue and white as accents in my mostly gray kitchen for awhile.

My new dishes look so fresh to me. I am really enjoying using them. And I was tired of my old set which I’d used for about twenty years.

I am thinking strongly about getting rid of my Christmas themed dishes too. They were chosen by my mother years ago because she knew I always loved Cardinals. I seldom use them, and they look too busy to me now.

Change is good sometimes.

Old 03-29-2019, 04:21 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,046,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
A new OXO veggie peeler. We tend to not notice how they dull over the years (decades?) because they still work.
But, spending $8 can change your life.
We have these same ones and they are great! We have taken them with us when we travel. Nothing worse then an inferior peeler.

Old 03-29-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Too many false "alarms"......on.....off.....on.....off......on... ...off.....all night long. Is there really something out there or is it just the wind or snow setting it off?
We have them in the back and side parts of our home. It's the CATS! And raccoons, and possums, and foxes and possibly turkeys (do wild turkeys come out at night? I knw we see packs of 20 of them our during the day)... the critters make the lights go on and off and on and off and on and off... lol

Old 03-29-2019, 04:28 PM

The best thing that we have purchased recently for our home were some appropriately sized trees for the area around our house. My favorite being a paperbark maple. Like this:

Old 03-29-2019, 05:28 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,279,150 times
After visiting my SIL, she had a sandwich maker/press that Hubby loved. So, I bought him this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think he has used it almost everyday now. He loves it. I have yet to use it.

Cat

Old 03-29-2019, 08:17 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
The best thing that we have purchased recently for our home were some appropriately sized trees for the area around our house. My favorite being a paperbark maple. Like this:
Thisi s a beautiful tree. May your new tree thrive.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:43 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,196,233 times
The microwave drawer that will be built into our island! I don't like the microwave over the range so I had it sitting on a counter. This frees up counter space and it looks so much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House