Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2019, 10:15 PM

4,590 posts, read 6,421,335 times

Advertisements

The 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Attachment Capable String Trimmer, 4.0 Ah Battery and Charger Included. I just bought this to maintain my small townhome yard. It’s really powerful and makes cutting and trimming my yard so quick and easy. I don’t have to worry about gas or a cord, and the battery charge lasts for well over an hour, which is more than enough to cut my small yard.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-40...MaAgiMEALw_wcB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 12:31 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
The 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Attachment Capable String Trimmer, 4.0 Ah Battery and Charger Included. I just bought this to maintain my small townhome yard. It’s really powerful and makes cutting and trimming my yard so quick and easy. I don’t have to worry about gas or a cord, and the battery charge lasts for well over an hour, which is more than enough to cut my small yard.

I have a different brand but I agree with you, a battery powered weed eater and leaf blower were two of the best things I ever bought!

So quick, easy and TROUBLE-FREE.

My battery powered leaf blower is plenty strong enough to blow tree buds, grass clippings and leaves off of my driveway and patio.......and it is much quieter than gas or electric.

And, I bought the same brand for both, making sure they each used the same size battery which makes them even more convenient.

Neither can handle heavy duty jobs but they are more than adequate 90% of the time.....well worth it, IMO.

Old 04-19-2019, 09:00 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,147,759 times
We found a vintage end table at a local consignment store a few weeks ago. It is a turn of this century Ethan Allen, and while not the very best quality, it is good enough for the use I have for it. It replaces a weary shelved cabinet that has shelves for magazines. We moved that piece to the bedroom, and moved the table in there to the porch where it was designed to go.

I like the way the table looks in my living area. The old one was too tall for the tallish lamp that sat on it. And it had seen better days. This one looks better, and I like the wood tone better too. It cost us all of $50.

Old 04-20-2019, 03:45 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,278,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post

I think we have this one, too. But, that is not my department. Hubby does the yard work.

Cat

Old 04-20-2019, 07:13 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times
Dark composite granite sink. Best thing ever, oil it twice a year and it shows nothing.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:39 AM

50,361 posts, read 63,939,201 times
A 14” square LED ceiling light (Lithonia) for my laundry room. It is sleek and modern looking...it looks like a Chicklet, and is bright as daylight, compared to my old ceiling fixture.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:29 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,686,482 times
Hmmmm. I bought one for a closet a few years back that looks like a Chiclet. Same opinion.

Old 04-23-2019, 06:25 PM

20 posts, read 14,809 times
I purchased a flexible neoprene sleeve cord organizer from Amazon. That sounds awkward but that's kind of the name of it. It's a length of neoprene about 5" wide that is reversible with white neoprene on one side and black on the other. The fabric can be made into a tube with velcro closure and you can cut the neoprene to make the length of tube you need. It's been very helpful to disguise some cables that were an eyesore.

Old 04-23-2019, 06:49 PM

8,040 posts, read 10,631,014 times
I bought a second hand, solid wood hutch type thing that I liked the looks of, and put it in the hallway in our entryway right before you go out the front door.

It is the perfect thing for putting things on that need to be remembered; taken to school or work, things like lunch boxes, bills that need to be mailed, gifts to be taken to work for a baby shower, etc., kind of a "catch all" if you will.

I guess most people have something like this, but we didn't, and it has been a lifesaver.

I clear any "clutter" off of it when we have guests over and put out some scented candles, candy dish, or some type of seasonal decor on it.

Little things make a big difference sometimes.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:27 AM

50,361 posts, read 63,939,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I bought a second hand, solid wood hutch type thing that I liked the looks of, and put it in the hallway in our entryway right before you go out the front door.

It is the perfect thing for putting things on that need to be remembered; taken to school or work, things like lunch boxes, bills that need to be mailed, gifts to be taken to work for a baby shower, etc., kind of a "catch all" if you will.

I guess most people have something like this, but we didn't, and it has been a lifesaver.

I clear any "clutter" off of it when we have guests over and put out some scented candles, candy dish, or some type of seasonal decor on it.

Little things make a big difference sometimes.
Isnt it fun when you find “the perfect thing”? I just got a small side table for my front porch, to set a drink on between the two chairs. I was just wandering around Home Goods and there it was. Perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House