Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2019, 07:56 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,427,227 times

Advertisements

What is a good, white water filter for a kitchen faucet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 08:00 AM

487 posts, read 536,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I installed insulated, pleated shades on two skylights.. The amount of heat reduced in the living room was pretty significant.
Are you able to reach them to open and close? I need to find a reasonable priced motorized set for a room with 17' ceiling height.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:06 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,189,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
What is a good, white water filter for a kitchen faucet?
I purchased the PUR brand facet water filter for my mom. I don't know if it comes in white however. I purchased the silver one. PUR from what I've seen filters out alot of the "bad stuff" better than others. Her summer place is on a community well that sometimes gets the sulfer smell, the filter takes care of that. Is supposed to also filter the possible biological bugs that can contaminate water.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:21 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
We have a new Bosch dishwasher with the third shelf. It is quiet and it cleans our dishes.

So far after about one week of use, I’d recommend it.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:28 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,420,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davwve View Post
Are you able to reach them to open and close? I need to find a reasonable priced motorized set for a room with 17' ceiling height.
Me too. I did have one company out for estimate and it was just too high. I keep thinking of calling a few others to see. I currently have pleated shades and when they came to measure for estimate I had them close it. (Heat is brutal now). I really prefer to see out, so either adding a remote to the cellular shades or motorized blinds would make me happy. What would really make me happy is getting it done for less $$

Old 08-15-2019, 04:58 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Since it’s a new house, virtually everything from whole house water softening system with a reverse osmosis system in the kitchen to solar paneling ordered, pool / hot tub / fire pit, recessed lighting and ceiling fans added, washer / dryer incoming, and a bunch of smart home gadgets that are all Alexa capable. One voice command like “leaving home” will be able to close blinds, turn ceiling fans and lights off, open the garage door, arm security system, adjust thermostat, heck even start the robots cleaning.

Old 08-15-2019, 06:27 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
We have a new Bosch dishwasher with the third shelf. It is quiet and it cleans our dishes.

So far after about one week of use, I’d recommend it.
I had one in my old house and I loved it! My new house has new appliances, so I can't really justify getting rid of the dishwasher to get a a Bosch, but someday. Soommmmeeeeedaaaaaay ...

Old 08-16-2019, 12:38 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
I had one in my old house and I loved it! My new house has new appliances, so I can't really justify getting rid of the dishwasher to get a a Bosch, but someday. Soommmmeeeeedaaaaaay ...
Someday finally came for us. We had a Bosch in our previous house, as you did.

Old 08-16-2019, 07:32 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,324,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Evolve-Shower.../dp/B0017YXIKC this link is misleading, this is NOT a showerhead. It goes between the water supply and the showerhead.

I've bought a lot of stuff for my house over the years. One thing I can recommend without hesitation is this 'Ladybug'. You turn on the shower, as soon as the water heats up, it shuts off the shower head until you pull the string. So if you like to heat up your water while you pee or shave or something, you aren't wasting water. My kids and I love our long showers, so i'm sure we have saved this $25 many time over through the years.
You may need a recirculating pump: as of now you saving hot water, but wasting cold water down the drain
The recirculating pump sends water back to water heater until the Hot water shows up at the faucet
https://www.supplyhouse.com/Grundfos...SABEgLlcfD_BwE

Old 08-16-2019, 08:02 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,927,349 times
I would definitely get an impeller washer instead of an agitator washer. My agitator went out right after I first moved into my house. It would always shake ferociously during the spin cycle, always moving the washer out of place at least several inches. I think it broke down because of that, though I really don't know why. The computer in it just seemed to have short-circuited; it wouldn't go past the fill cycle. I didn't have a warranty on it, so I decided to just get a new washer.

So far I just love the new impeller that I got. Not a sound out of it (definitely non of that horrible shaking that went on with my agitator washer, thus far). The clothes seem just as clean, I've noticed no difference there. (I also got it with a warranty this time). I'm just thrilled to death so far with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House