Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2019, 03:07 PM

4,540 posts, read 6,358,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Blackout curtains. Best purchase ever.
Link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2019, 05:50 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,985,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
Another vote for the Breville countertop convection oven.

We just replaced our old Breville (given to us as a housewarming gift in 2002) with a new one about a month ago (the new one has a light inside, we picked the red color and it looks very nice!).

We were having some trouble with the start button on the old one but hey, after 17 years of use I think it held up very well otherwise.
We replaced a 10 year old Cuisinart. I had noticed that the toast function had to be turned up to get the same toast we were used to getting. And it had gotten more noisy. And it looked really shabby next to our new appliances.

I find the counter top ovens really useful.

We used the Bagel function for the first time yesterday. Beautiful toasted bagels. Cream cheese. Homemade jam that was gifted to us. Yum.

Old 12-16-2019, 06:09 AM

50,096 posts, read 63,467,387 times
Not sure if this counts, but the car we just bought came with heated seats. We thought this was the last thing we’d ever use in our hot climate, but it’s great for soothing our old arthritic bones! Who knew?

Old 12-16-2019, 10:54 AM

4,707 posts, read 4,373,306 times
I thought I had posted this before, but a quick search yields nada.
Anyway we bough this several months ago and I think they are terrific.

We have them scattered around the house (in hallways and bathrooms and guestroom). Night lights with light sensors. When it's dark, they light up a soft light. We got them at Ikea. They have a few different ones and I am pretty sure this is what we have. We noticed them when we stayed at a friend's house and were so impressed with them. When you get up in the middle of the night, you can see where you're going without having to turn on the light, and the light is soft enough to not be glaring. And, check out the price!
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/ljuster...hite-40268756/

Old 12-16-2019, 02:20 PM

37,067 posts, read 42,027,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
We replaced a 10 year old Cuisinart. I had noticed that the toast function had to be turned up to get the same toast we were used to getting. And it had gotten more noisy. And it looked really shabby next to our new appliances.

I find the counter top ovens really useful.

We used the Bagel function for the first time yesterday. Beautiful toasted bagels. Cream cheese. Homemade jam that was gifted to us. Yum.
Did you get another Cuisinart? My toaster/convection is over 15 years old and is toasting a bit spotty these days. I'm not sure what to get.

Old 12-16-2019, 03:58 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,893,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I thought I had posted this before, but a quick search yields nada.
Anyway we bough this several months ago and I think they are terrific.

We have them scattered around the house (in hallways and bathrooms and guestroom). Night lights with light sensors. When it's dark, they light up a soft light. We got them at Ikea. They have a few different ones and I am pretty sure this is what we have. We noticed them when we stayed at a friend's house and were so impressed with them. When you get up in the middle of the night, you can see where you're going without having to turn on the light, and the light is soft enough to not be glaring. And, check out the price!
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/ljuster...hite-40268756/
Can't believe you just discovered night lights. I have had them all my life... now 71.

Old 12-16-2019, 06:54 PM

4,707 posts, read 4,373,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Can't believe you just discovered night lights. I have had them all my life... now 71.
I didn't just discover nightlights now. I have had them as well. These particular ones though only go on in the dark and are much softer than the regular ones. As I said, they give enough light so you don't need to turn on the light to see, but it's very subdued and not glaring. It's a subtle nuance that I appreciate.
I guess to each his own.

Old 12-16-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Not sure if this counts, but the car we just bought came with heated seats. We thought this was the last thing we’d ever use in our hot climate, but it’s great for soothing our old arthritic bones! Who knew?
We have heated seats and we love them!

Old 12-16-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Did you get another Cuisinart? My toaster/convection is over 15 years old and is toasting a bit spotty these days. I'm not sure what to get.
No. As posted above, we bought a Breville.

Old 12-16-2019, 09:08 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,002,428 times
These nubby, rubbery, tennis-ball sized balls you put in the dryer in lieu of dryer sheets.

Can't post a picture at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House