Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2020, 02:39 PM

2,538 posts, read 1,910,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Link?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2020, 07:51 PM

6,418 posts, read 4,913,806 times
This is the model of Samsung Cooktop we bought. We got the regular not black stainless steel.

https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appl...z36k7880us-aa/

Old 07-30-2020, 06:38 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,420,706 times
With the remodeling of the kitchen, we put in lots of new lighting. ( It was severely underserved before). One thing the electrician had said was that as long as you have dimmers, go with more lighting. Always better to have too much and put on dimmers.
Using the kitchen now, I so agree. ( I just wish I had a switch closer to the sink but it's not a big deal).
Have recessed lights, under cabinet lights, and decorative pendant lights, all on dimmers.

Old 07-30-2020, 07:21 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
https://www.harrietcarter.com/househ...er/713002.html

I bought this for my wife who is 4 feet 10 inches tall and has spinal problems. I was skeptical until it arrived. It feels of a solid metal with a rough texture for easy gripping. As easy to install as turning a screwdriver.

Old 07-30-2020, 07:38 AM

1,066 posts, read 766,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
https://www.harrietcarter.com/househ...er/713002.html

I bought this for my wife who is 4 feet 10 inches tall and has spinal problems. I was skeptical until it arrived. It feels of a solid metal with a rough texture for easy gripping. As easy to install as turning a screwdriver.
My mom could use something like that, thanks!

Old 07-30-2020, 07:44 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Secure-Home...Light/50415138
We bought this for our carport. It is a flush ceiling mount light with 360 degree motion sensor. It uses four candle bulbs of no more than 25 watts. I used LED candle bulbs of 40 watt equivalent. It has two adjustment dials, one for sensitivity and one for time the light is to stay on. Have it set for high sensitivity because I noticed a difference in when the light comes on with temperature and humidity (south Louisiana). Have the time set for one minute. Works very well. I work rotating shifts and this ensures I have light to leave and return home. I use my keys to lock the door when I leave. Forced myself to get into that habit to prevent locking myself out the house.

Old 07-30-2020, 09:35 AM

2,528 posts, read 2,779,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
With the remodeling of the kitchen, we put in lots of new lighting. ( It was severely underserved before). One thing the electrician had said was that as long as you have dimmers, go with more lighting. Always better to have too much and put on dimmers.
Using the kitchen now, I so agree. ( I just wish I had a switch closer to the sink but it's not a big deal).
Have recessed lights, under cabinet lights, and decorative pendant lights, all on dimmers.
Thanks for the great advice! I just got the first quote for doing my kitchen lighting and the electrician never mentioned that. I won't be using him anyway as he had a horrible attitude and was very belligerent when I asked a how much drywall damage would occur and how it would be repaired. I'm switching from ugly flush mounts to recessed so I expect some damage but I'd like to have a clue what I'm getting into. Now I'll be prepared for the next electrician and will ask the right questions if he doesn't volunteer that information.

Old 07-31-2020, 06:50 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Wow. Can't believe it's been over a month since no posts to my favorite thread.
We did a kitchen remodel (actually completed end of June) and there is so much I love.
For starters, this sink---- a single bowl , deep, and offset drain. (didn't get it at Lowe's but the link is it). As it says, it comes with the grids which is great. They are raised enough.
What I love- it's deep enough that if there are dishes in the sink they are not in view, and if you want you can just let stuff air dry out of the way.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kraus-Stand...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Interesting. I don't know if I could go back to a single sink. There are a lot of times that I have something thawing in one side, and need to wash vegetables or rinse dishes in the other side. How do you handle stuff like that?

Old 08-03-2020, 05:35 AM

2,480 posts, read 1,551,658 times
I just ordered an in-line filter for a hose. The previous owner of our house switched the outdoor spigots to well water. When we first bought the home I washed the car and it left a milky residue. Rather than converting the plumbing back and spending close to a thousand bucks and cutting holes in walls and ceiling I found this filter. Also got some quick connects.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 08-03-2020, 06:08 AM

8,757 posts, read 5,055,756 times
Sent away to eSaleRugs, for a rug runner. It came in two days, very nice, and a great price! It was 9ft 10 in long for $69. I need more so I will order from them again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House