Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2018, 11:02 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

Comments +/-?

I ordered a GoWise 5.8 even though they are clunky beasts because when I cook food that this air fryer does well, we often have extra people and would rather do one batch vs two in smaller unit
Plenty of positive reviews on Amazon for this product but....
The one I ordered came used---although it was listed as "NEW"
You could smell the grease when the outside shipping box was opened
The product box itself had obviously been opened before---extra tape and the tabs were torn--and the unit inside had grease on exterior and on basket inside--
First time that happened to me with a product ordered from Amazon--and I shop there a lot

I reboxed, initiated the return item on the order--and sent it back next day
Full refund ---

And ordered another one--different color--that arrives tomorrow

No one I know has one--
Thought I might ask here away from a selling site--and see if anyone had experience w/product
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 07:08 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,672,733 times
I have one and I love it. Although I don't use it every day, I've cooked quite a few times with it. It makes wonderful grease-free french fries, breaded zucchini spears, and fish fillets as examples. The fries are the absolute best. They come out perfect on the inside and golden and crispy on the outside. They're the best homemade fries I've eaten. I'm not a fan of heavily fried foods so these are a treat.

I'm glad you sent that other one back. Shame on them for sending a used product when you ordered "new." Amazon's vendors aren't always the most honest but Amazon is great about rectifying any problems and are always on your side, so to speak.

Oh and another thing about the air fryer. I bought the little baking tub (I guess that what you call it) that can be used to bake cakes or breads. I haven't tried it yet but I will. Hope you enjoy yours.

Old 08-10-2019, 09:49 AM

61,637 posts, read 87,001,838 times
It has great reviews. I was considering it for myself.

Old 08-10-2019, 11:16 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
I have had five or six air fryers over the years. They are all similar in how they work. The taste is an acquired one. For that grill taste this is my ranking from best to worst: charcoal, gas, electric/air fryer. I use it mainly for convenience since I am often too lazy to clean the gas grill. My air fryer is also great for roasting vegetables to make salsa with, something I make a couple times a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House