Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 10:22 AM

5,459 posts, read 8,178,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by typical_guinea_pig View Post
In my last house I had a big one bowl Silgranite sink, it was black. With an offset drain. I truly loved that sink at first but it started to get white residue when dry...not sure what this was, exactly. It was like a biofilm...scrubbing wouldn't get rid of it, as soon as the sink was dry it was back............
I had a similar problem with my dark brown Silgranite sink. I found a product called Black Again which solved it: https://smile.amazon.com/Blue-Magic-...+trim+restorer It's a lot cheaper at a local store.

It makes my sink look like new and one application lasts for 2 months, maybe longer.

Even though it's called Black Again, it can be used on all colors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 07:06 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I do not like farmhouse sinks or stainless steel sinks.

I like traditional white enameled or porcelain double sinks best.

Mine is 50/50, but someone mentioned 60/40, above, and that sounds good to me.
My other half would like what you describe plus a built in drain board.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:13 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
My other half would like what you describe plus a built in drain board.
I wonder about those built-in drain boards, because it seems to me that they would be difficult to clean unless one cleaned and dried them right away. We like to air dry dishes, and the rubber drain pad under the dish strainer tends to get oxidized or rust spots. We clean it, but at a certain point it becomes too discolored and difficult, so we just toss it out and put a new drain pad down.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:16 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Location..._Missouri.html

Old 03-07-2018, 04:17 AM

That was really mean Dave. I can get pizza exactly NOWHERE at 6am.

Old 03-07-2018, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I wonder about those built-in drain boards, because it seems to me that they would be difficult to clean unless one cleaned and dried them right away. We like to air dry dishes, and the rubber drain pad under the dish strainer tends to get oxidized or rust spots. We clean it, but at a certain point it becomes too discolored and difficult, so we just toss it out and put a new drain pad down.
Another thing that occurred to me is, first, the stainless ones just aren't attractive to me - a big square of metal. Plus I can see someone using it for a cutting board and that would be disastrous.

I don't have THAT much counter space and I'm thinking a drain board is out. I have seen the sinks that come with a drain board and that's pretty cool. I guess you could find another one if that one wears out. Some SS sinks that are big and squared off have standard-looking size cutting boards but those sinks aren't attractive to me.

Old 03-07-2018, 05:41 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,196,836 times
I love my double bowl porcelain sink, its deep, it requires little up keep, stainless steel I would polish to make it look better in the kitchen. More work not worth it to me.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:47 AM

215 posts, read 258,662 times
Default I love this one too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Silgranite 1.5 bowl. I absolutely love it.

https://www.blanco-germany.com/en_us...l&filter=true#
I have this in Truffle. Matches one of the colors in my granite and the grout in my subway tile backsplash! Had stainless in last home and didn’t like the scratching or having to dry it to keep it looking good.

Those are my granddaughters making biscotti in my kitchen. . .
Attached Thumbnails
What's your favorite Kitchen Sink?-bcdc3234-56ea-4e1e-9e0b-d6b11cd39f09.jpeg  

Old 03-07-2018, 10:06 AM

220 posts, read 469,965 times
I love my stainless large single bowl. Kraus. Excellent quality.

We replaced the white porcelain sink that came with the house. It looked pretty but I hated how easy it was to break glasses in the sink. Just not functional for us.

I think single bowl would appeal to more people. You can always use a plastic thingy for hand washing, but with the double sink you're stuck...you can't do anything to make it function and give the space of a single bowl. Plus, most people use the dishwasher.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:31 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Double-bowl stainless. My favorite piece of cookware is a 5-quart Le Crueset. It would wreak havoc on anything other than stainless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House