Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 06:42 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times

Advertisements

Stainless, undermount, deep single bowl, farmhouse/apron front style (it's easier on your back).

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/Vault-3...er-prod1-ecom2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 06:48 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,525,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
Single bowl, 30" or more. Makes it ideal for kitchen activities and cleaning.
+1. You can clean things that do not fit a regular double bowl sink, one being the baby. Perfect spot.
Stainless is easy to clean.
Single handle, pull down head with sprayer, soap pump in the extra hole.
Also we had the counter in front of the sink extended two inches out. The space behind the sink is great for soap dish and such. I would do the same by the stove especially a countertop unit.

Old 03-03-2018, 06:53 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times
I love the look of a farmhouse sink, but I have a stainless double bowl undermount.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:00 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Hate farmhouse sinks. Double offset stainless is always my preference - the larger the better.
This is my top choice for a sink.

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/Underto...brandId=432917

Old 03-04-2018, 02:23 AM

7,029 posts, read 4,894,868 times
Farmhouse sink, but I don't know if I want a single or double bowl. As long as it looks anything like these, I'd be happy.
Attached Thumbnails
What's your favorite Kitchen Sink?-k4.jpg   What's your favorite Kitchen Sink?-k44.jpg   What's your favorite Kitchen Sink?-k9.jpg  

Old 03-04-2018, 02:55 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
The thing I look for most is deep, regardless of the style.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:52 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
The largest deepest single sink in stainless undermount.

I despise my split sink.

And while stainless may show wear after a while, I don't like always having to be "concerned" about my porcelain, albeit it's 14 years old AFAIK, and doesn't have a mark. But I DO have to bleach it out occasionally which I guess comes from the finish wearing off probably by some chemical use.

Once my SINK chipped my Le Creuset dutch oven lid! Who would have thought - and the sink came out of that battle unscarred.

I'd also be doing my entire kitchen in stainless countertops....yeah it's not for everyone.

This is one of my former client's homes. The counter is by the back door entry next to the fridge. Not only is it good for cat entertainment and grooming , but I thought it was a brilliant idea for post shopping and/or prep or when you're entertaining out back.

My favorite part is she can put all the dirty crap over there and only take to the sink what fits while she's washing or putting in the dishwasher so the rest of her kitchen stays clean.

The house is a 1920s Craftsman bungalow that she renovated so I guess that area used to be a vestibule or mud room-ish type thing. Or maybe even an eat-in area.

Her SINK is white, though. Single.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 03-04-2018 at 07:02 AM..

Old 03-04-2018, 06:07 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
We're almost finished with our house renovation and will be listing it soon.
The last thing we need to buy is the kitchen sink. (We've got everything but the kitchen sink. )
Have you researched the sink area and size?

Not all these sinks will fit just anywhere. And I found the sizes to be annoying when researching how to replace my porcelain with stainless. Very LITTLE choice, in other words.

And if you're renovating to SELL, the entire kitchen vibe matters.

I work in other peoples homes every day.

I'm surprised at how a few clients of mine have black sinks and black granite.

But I'd say 99% have stainless especially in homes built after 2005.

In fact, the only person I KNOW with white porcelain is ME! LOL Ironically done by the previous owner after a hurricane in 2004.

But her appliances were white.

ALL these other people have stainless. Or black for the black sink contingent. Even people with older houses and original materials like my 1970's person has stainless sink with old school cabinets.

I guess stainless was cheaper than porcelain. *shrug

I don't think people would want to see all stainless appliances and a WHITE sink, though. And vice versa. I have all white appliances and the white sink does finish it off even if it's not my first choice.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:11 AM

723 posts, read 570,969 times
Stainless steel
Double bowls of equal size
As big AND DEEP as will fit in the space

Old 03-04-2018, 06:22 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Runs, thank you so much for the input. We'll be installing countertops, too (any suggestions?)

I'm definitely going with stainless (thanks to you all) and, on a whim, plugged in 16G Kitchen Sink on eBay and found the lowest prices yet.

We have a pretty awesome kitchen vibe thanks to the other half's remodel efforts. All that's left is cabinets/sink/counter top. We had the same realtor in who helped us buy the place and he absolutely loves the kitchen/living room transformation.

Okay we are in the process of replacement windows, and the new septic tank is half installed (the good half). Weather permitting that will be finished tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House