Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 06:15 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,052,594 times

Advertisements

Putty Grey Like this-

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=0&ajaxhist=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 06:20 PM

239 posts, read 194,779 times
gray walls and white sink and tiles is a nice combination

Old 03-08-2018, 07:19 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,889,113 times
I would coordinate with whatever was in the master bedroom so that there would be flow between the two rooms. It would disturb me greatly to move from a room with beige carpet to a bath with gray tile, for example.

I dislike neutral...I'd put in green or blue if it were me! My current bath is tiled in green with gray walls. One of these days I'm going to paint the walls a lighter shade of green.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:43 PM

18 posts, read 10,559 times
We're planning to do natural stone tile on the floor and in the shower. White toilet, bathtub, and under mount sinks. I prefer a wood vanity (rather than painted), but the tone of the wood will be somewhat dependent on the tile color.

The other bath in the house is beige/tan with dark wood cabinetry. And it looks perfectly fine and nice, but just a bit dull overall. Since this is such a large room, I don't want it to be so dull. There are two windows to provide ample natural light so that helps. I like the cool beige idea rather than the warmer beige of the other bathroom.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:37 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,386,761 times
I'd go with beige and blue details or accents, in inserts (if tile), it looks warm and fresh in the same time.
Don't buy metal sinks. They look modern, but we got two in the office - it's a disaster.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:41 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statistician_5 View Post
We're planning to do natural stone tile on the floor and in the shower. White toilet, bathtub, and under mount sinks. I prefer a wood vanity (rather than painted), but the tone of the wood will be somewhat dependent on the tile color.

The other bath in the house is beige/tan with dark wood cabinetry. And it looks perfectly fine and nice, but just a bit dull overall. Since this is such a large room, I don't want it to be so dull. There are two windows to provide ample natural light so that helps. I like the cool beige idea rather than the warmer beige of the other bathroom.
If you're not planning on selling the house any time soon put in whatever colors you want to live with - no need to limit that to gray or beige. According to the above you're looking to put in a vanity in the brown spectrum - that's a clue. You also state "natural stone floor." How natural? Natural gray or natural brown? That's another clue.

Regardless of what stone color you end up with you really should think about using some color other than gray or tan for the painted surfaces.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:28 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
I would go with the beige. While gray is the color du jour, it will seem "dated" in a few years. If the bathroom is big enough you might consider a color from nature like blue or green but they must be the right shade. I painted my bathrooms a light taupe and use color in my towels, shower curtain, etc.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:11 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
We thought we were using a light gray, when it went on the wall it was a sky blue and it looks awesome.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:48 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,216,270 times
I find it amusing that folks are claiming beige is more classic, timeless. No, beige was not a color used in early 1900s bathrooms which is usually used as a staring point to define "classic". Personally, beige feels dated to me and the only thing classic about it is it was especially trendy in the 90s and early 2000s. Now = "Dated trendy."

Really though, don't ask the internet. The pictures of bathrooms you positively react to Pinterest or Houzz should be enough to tell you what suits your style and aesthetics best.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:50 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,321,790 times
Neither, please, for me.

If I wanted to look at hard surface grey walls all the time I would have enlisted in the Navy and requested sea duty.

"Beige" is neither fish nor fowl.

How about white with color being added through decorations, or a color? Personally, I've had bathrooms in white; goldish beige; pink; green (two different times); blue; gold; and a weird combination of brown and blue that sounds horrible and looked great.

If you specify white tile and use paint to achieve color, you can change it any time you want for at most a couple hundred bucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House