Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 07:55 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times

Advertisements

Well, ever since I painted all the walls pink and filled the whole house with warm salt water...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 09:39 AM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have not needed a womb for many many years. I'm a grown-ass woman.
Awesome response!

Sometimes I wish men would think they were grown-ass men and didn't need a woman's womb. *sigh*

Old 03-16-2018, 01:12 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Awesome response!

Sometimes I wish men would think they were grown-ass men and didn't need a woman's womb. *sigh*
I dunno, I kind of get what the OP was asking - basically, what have you done to make your home a refuge and place of rest. I've really tried to do that. I don't have the money or inclination to decorate it in an elegant way, so I've gone for comfort and utility.

Old 03-16-2018, 01:37 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,672,673 times
Thumbs down The phrasing "womb like" seems poorly chosen at best, a distraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I read an interesting discourse recently about the shocking effect of a baby being evicted from that safe, secure, warm, comfy abode called the woman's womb. And, never fully recovering from it, we do all we can to make our homes as womb-like as we can!
The phrasing "womb like" seems poorly chosen at best, a distraction from the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Where I sleep: 4 soundproof, insulated walls surrounding my platform bed, a door to enter, an insulated, soundproof ceiling, all built within my master bedroom, with blacked-out windows. Never know, when I awaken if it's day or night.
Many studies have shown that light disrupts sleep patterns, with blue light (like those horrible LEDs gadget makers insist on sticking in everything) being particularly bad.

The most recent study, published by the American Journal of Epidemiology, suggests a correlation between anything brighter about 5 lux and depression (5 lux is slightly brighter than a full moon at night in the countryside).

Old 03-16-2018, 01:49 PM

534 posts, read 489,342 times
At first thought, my house is as far from a womb as you can get. Sparse mid century furnishings, multiple 10'x12' windows, rock walls, concrete or terrazzo floors, soaring wood ceilings. But then again, I feel really comfortable here, so maybe it's exactly like a womb.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:18 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
"I guess my style is Bohemian Womb."

Okay, now that was funny!

Old 03-16-2018, 08:05 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,579,775 times
I think I’d rather drown

Old 03-16-2018, 11:05 PM

23,600 posts, read 70,412,676 times
I can think of an effective alarm clock setup for such sleeping accommodations involving vaseline, a short water slide leading to a bright light, and a dominatrix with a paddle...

Of course, after use, one would need to clean the place with your womba.

Old 03-17-2018, 02:35 AM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I dunno, I kind of get what the OP was asking - basically, what have you done to make your home a refuge and place of rest. I've really tried to do that. I don't have the money or inclination to decorate it in an elegant way, so I've gone for comfort and utility.
I get what the OP was asking, too.

In the room that I have now, I have my bed right on the floor and it's pushed up against three bookcases, two against the wall and one on the end, so the bed looks built in. Books and magazines are everywhere, I have a Ben Franklin electric space heater against a wall, and a large cottage sofa across from the bed. Depending on who you are, it's either claustrophobic or comforting.

Old 03-17-2018, 05:39 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
I can think of an effective alarm clock setup for such sleeping accommodations involving vaseline, a short water slide leading to a bright light, and a dominatrix with a paddle...

Of course, after use, one would need to clean the place with your womba.

Ha, ha...good description.

Womblike can also be prison like or "Hotel California" like where you can never check out...until someone on the outside lets you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House