Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 10:49 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,053,058 times

Advertisements

I bought one from WM, actually two, a full for me and a twin for the guest room. The ones I got ARE innerspring mattresses. I needed something I could move into the house and upstairs by myself. Well, I almost didn't make it with the full one. The box did not have handles but I looped a rope around it and dragged it up the stairs, holding on to the rail with one hand. I ran out of rail at the top and the box was still on the stairs. There was no way I was letting it slide all the way back down!! I got it completely up somehow.

Anyway I like it, it is comfortable to sleep on. I did add a foam mattress topper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 11:29 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,435,560 times
My Brother has one and he and SIL swear by it.

My wife has visited a few places that have them and she likes them.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:46 PM

1,186 posts, read 102,013 times
I purchased a Serta Mem Foam bed a few months ago, I like it alot
But it is a much different expiernce than the old cotton mattress/spring box that we've been accustom to all our life
For one you cant sit on it to dress, you'll sink straight to the bottom, I had to get a dressing chair for putting on my shoes,etc
another thing is as you lay in it you sink down, so rolling over or getting up requires lifting yourself out of the trench your lying in.

But over all I am very pleased with it and would recommend memory foam mattress to others

Old 03-27-2018, 02:11 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,420,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLaRock1 View Post
For one you cant sit on it to dress, you'll sink straight to the bottom, I had to get a dressing chair for putting on my shoes,etc
another thing is as you lay in it you sink down, so rolling over or getting up requires lifting yourself out of the trench your lying in.
This is clearly very specific to the mattress as mine sinks LESS than my old super-firm spring mattress. That thing nearly did dump me off the edge a time or two, meanwhile I can hang off the edge of the foam unit and still be completely secure/balanced.

They're not all the same, not even close. Research is mandatory.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:57 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Brooklyn Bed for 1.5 years. Still just like the day we bought it, and we love the darn thing. Latex. (I didn't want memory foam because it is hot.)

I'll NEVER buy an overpriced bed in a store again.

Great site: https://sleepopolis.com/mattress-reviews/

Old 03-27-2018, 03:03 PM

2,538 posts, read 1,910,756 times
I bought this mattress-in-a-box to use on the weekends until I got my furniture moved to my new house. It has been fine. I am not a large person...under 130 pounds...so not sure how it would be for someone bigger than me. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Signature...Sizes/42392987

Old 03-27-2018, 03:19 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
IMO, nothing beats memory foam. Nothing. I'd never buy anything but memory foam.

Old 03-27-2018, 03:49 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

Has anybody bought one of these (or a similar brand), and if so, what do you think about it.

We bought our first one in 2010. We bought 2 XL Twins to fit a king mattress from Dynasty Mattress. They are still going strong and feel great. We bought very firm ones as I don't like a mushy bed.

We have also bought a few more for flips and spare bedrooms. One from Sam's club and two of the same from Walmart.

Spa Sensations are very nice and have great reviews. Ours were the 8 inch ones now I see they have thicker ones.
https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_...hProductResult

I love them and will never go back to a traditional mattress.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:23 PM

209 posts, read 417,554 times
How are they if you 'run hot'? I've heard that they can be warm to sleep on, and as someone who's never cold I worry that I'd be uncomfortable.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:03 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
We bought a Zinus bed in a box last year and love it. Far more comfortable than the spring mattress that it replaced.
We bought a Zinus last year in July on Amazon. Got a ridiculous deal on it, like $250 for a 14 inch king. We figured at that price, if it didn’t work we’d just toss it.

Took around 3 days to come up to its full height, there was never any odor or chemical smell. It’s super comfortable, and we love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House