Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 01:31 PM

13,262 posts, read 7,943,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
We have a shiny gold tone faucet in the bathroom next to our living room. Twenty years ago I'm sure the builder put it in to look dressy. Now it just looks dated.

We've switched out the other faucets in this house, but this particular one has tricky valves and my husband doesn't want to touch it. We also don't want to have to pay for a plumber to replace it if we can avoid it.

Is it possible to paint it or tone down the gold color in some way? Or would that just make the faucet look even worse. Part of me says "Who cares? If someone wants to buy the house they'll buy it no matter what color the faucet is. And if they don't want to buy the house, replacing this faucet wouldn't change their minds."

But maybe I'm not being realistic about the little updates buyers seem to need. If a paint job is an easy solution, I'll do it.

I figure, why not go ahead and try it? If it looks awful, you can remove the paint, or go ahead and hire that plumber. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 08:32 AM

2,599 posts, read 2,150,147 times
FYI, my brother, who lives in California did a full remodel of his kitchen 2 years ago installed very expensive shiny brass faucets in the kitchen sink, it stands out too much in his gray and white kitchen. I asked him about it, he said the shiny brass is in again. I remember when it was the in thing back in the 70's,shiny brass everywhere. I can't stand it either, really like the brushed nickel. So OP, I understand your pain at that glaring shiny brass

Old 04-11-2018, 10:02 PM

284 posts, read 267,222 times
I wouldn’t. Faucets get more contact than ceiling fans. I’m all for spray painting and I did spray fan blades and a year later they’re fine. But they’re not touched. Gold faucets are
Also in right now - depending on style of course- I love my gold faucets and they were
Like $50!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House