Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 01:07 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Single story <1600sq ft 2 decent sized bedroom with walk in closets and 2 baths, all the living areas well defined (none of that "open" crap for me) with plenty of details and charm. Covered front porch with room for a couple chairs. Out back should be a separate small cottege with a bath and kitchenette for guests and/or renters with a garden separating it from the house.

This is for the current phase of my life. My answer would have been different 15 years ago.

The people who built my house owned a trucking company. Before the house was built they moved one of those 18 wheeler trailers to the back of the property and I think they were hoping to make an apartment out of it but the city wouldn't permit it. Too bad because it would've worked really well. Of course it's still there but it's just a giant storage 'shed'. They put siding on it, nice roof, a small porch and raised flower beds in front. I'd still like to make a little house out of it but can't. It does need a good paint job and that will come when I do the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 05:22 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
^ Very well put! Happy for you and good luck on the build.

Unfortunately for me, I had to go with the Builders' silliness. The way I minimize its impact on me is by getting only 1400 sqft of silliness. LOL.

Re my Dreamhouse though, totally different. Something like this but with fine sand initially before the seafloor.
Wow... as a filmmaker, I just want to FILM there, I mean living there is probably asking too much. That's absolutely gorgeous.

Maybe someone here is fortunate enough to live this reality, but does anyone else here imagine what it would be like to wake up to some ridiculous view like that? I just live in a nice suburban neighborhood at present full of middle class to upper middle class homes and people, cool people, neighbors work high up in Nike, others work at Intel, that kinda thing, but there's nothing special about it whatsoever. I can look out my window in the master to a busy road after the... whatever is in front of it... wetland, marshy thing. Or my guest bedroom where I sleep sometimes (when I am up late working) that has a view of the neighborhood.

There was this penthouse condo I toured while living in Los Angeles, because we were bidding on a corporate video for this newly constructed residential apartment building, and the location in downtown was right near the Staples Center. That area at the time especially was very undeveloped, besides my condo a few blocks away, which was just 11 stories tall. This building was about 25 stories and towered over everything near it, most of which are low-rise warehouses and whatnot. It had an unobstructed view of the entire city of Los Angeles out these ridiculous two-story windows. Sure, you're still in downtown LA (not Hawaii or whatever), but the view was breathtaking. I just thought, my god, I cannot imagine every morning this is my life, wake up, pour myself some cereal (ok more like the butler brings me breakfast, but whatever lol), and just casually enjoy my unbelievable view that's just part of my life now.

That must be so incredible. I personally think that's confidence-inspiring, I mean not to say that you shouldn't be able to find the inner strength and confidence to work hard no matter where you are, but it's just really hard to be down on life when you get out of bed and your view is that captivating, especially because this particular view is literally that "top of the world" feeling. I could start my day like that.

PS: The above pool picture is also completely my dream pool, absolutely. If I was being super greedy I'd make it like really huge with one of those lazy rivers going along the outside.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:00 PM

7,430 posts, read 4,672,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
There was this penthouse condo I toured while living in Los Angeles, because we were bidding on a corporate video for this newly constructed residential apartment building, and the location in downtown was right near the Staples Center. That area at the time especially was very undeveloped, besides my condo a few blocks away, which was just 11 stories tall. This building was about 25 stories and towered over everything near it, most of which are low-rise warehouses and whatnot. It had an unobstructed view of the entire city of Los Angeles out these ridiculous two-story windows. Sure, you're still in downtown LA (not Hawaii or whatever), but the view was breathtaking. I just thought, my god, I cannot imagine every morning this is my life, wake up, pour myself some cereal (ok more like the butler brings me breakfast, but whatever lol), and just casually enjoy my unbelievable view that's just part of my life now.
25th floor, I'm very quite familiar with the view one can get as I have a condo around that level back in the Philippines. (Rented out for the time being).

IMHO the fun time is really at night when the lights from the structures come alive and I feel like suddenly teleported into the future.

This is the view from my balcony. The best is when I imagine the people still working hard at night inside those lit buildings while I am just sipping my red wine from my balcony, feet up and all.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:54 PM

7,430 posts, read 4,672,937 times
This will be my dining area one day within 15 years.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:59 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
25th floor, I'm very quite familiar with the view one can get as I have a condo around that level back in the Philippines. (Rented out for the time being).

IMHO the fun time is really at night when the lights from the structures come alive and I feel like suddenly teleported into the future.

This is the view from my balcony. The best is when I imagine the people still working hard at night inside those lit buildings while I am just sipping my red wine from my balcony, feet up and all.
That's gorgeous, I really like it! Yeah cities at night are amazing, that's one of my favorite things about Las Vegas is looking out at the Strip from a tall hotel or something like that, seeing all of the neon lights and amazing buildings. I'm definitely a city guy overall, of course I love Hawaiian beaches or whatnot, but I'm either tropical beach or beautiful city skyline, not much for rustic wilderness / nature kind of thing honestly. I mean, pictures, sure, but that's about it. Otherwise I'd rather see a tropical beach than a river in the middle of nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House