Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 06:30 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoto View Post
Welcome to the Democrats ideal world for all of us. Crammed together in major cities to reduce our carbon footprint. Yet no laws to allow us to live together in sanity. Dog owners with barkers are the worst, your neighbors and people like them just as bad. ill alter my lifestyle to just be a great neighbor. But the US is now selfish nation.
Oh, yeah, I'm sure it is all the Democrats fault. What a ridiculous thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 07:29 AM

3,067 posts, read 2,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefg567 View Post
We bought our current home in October. It's a new build in a suburban area. Unfortunately, the homes are close together and built in the style with the rear garage and tiny yard in front. We're directly across from a school, most of the neighborhood is very nice and quiet. We have blinds, black out curtains, noise machines, and loud air filters.

Our neighbors are a couple who appear to be renting out each of their spare bedrooms. They don't have blinds or curtains and leave the lights on all night.

They sit outside on their front patio and cough, talk, laugh, etc. from 10:00 pm onwards. 4 am, 2 am. We can all (my husband and our two young children) hear every word in each bedroom all night. We're all becoming sleep deprived... sometimes the coughing fits last 3+ hours while they smoke marijuana.

I was told that it was their lifestyle and schedule. That they need to be outside until 3 or 4 smoking MJ and talking as much as we need quiet at night. I can go on and on about all the crazy stuff they do and have said. My husband called security and reported it to the HOA.

I just can't see this getting better. I have the whole house packed and we're going to list in a week....but part of me thinks that this is just crazy for us to have to leave our home so that a house full of inconsiderate hippies can have their way. But, the lack of sleep is draining all of us, the kids are afraid/not sleeping well, etc.

There's nothing more we can do....we should just move...right?
Moving is expensive and you might end up with neighbors that are just as bad as the ones you have now. Unless you move to a house with a big lot (it'll be very expensive if you're in the Denver metro area), it might not be worth it.

Give the HOA a chance to sort things out. It's only mid-May, so this probably just started. If your neighbors are renters (not homeowners), see if you can find and contact the landlord, who probably doesn't allow subletting. Based on my experience living two doors down from Section 8 housing in Englewood, you need to call early and call often for something to happen.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:13 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
With cannabis now legal in Colorado, I'll bet people will have more outside parties on their decks in the evenings to partake.

That makes a large lot even more attractive.
Some people need to work early shifts. If these people are up all night making noise in the neighborhood; guess they don't work? Why are there so many rude and selfish people? Are they so spoiled that they don't think that other people don't want to be "entertained," all night long?

If there is an HOA, I'd say you are paying too much in fees, or you need to step up and go to the meetings, something needs to change. Why should you have to move, unless you really want to? Maybe, you can find a different place, if all else fails.

I have seen some of those 5 acre plots, in Eastern El Paso County, they are very cool.

Good luck, your home should not be hell on earth.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:26 AM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
You could try this prank - its called "liquid a$$" - its a super smelly, clear, non-toxic liquid that can be sprayed somewhere that you want people to disperse from. Could be fun if you could figure out a way to squirt some on their patio.

Just make sure you keep your doors and windows closed when you do it! Maybe right before you leave on vacation. But then it wouldn't be as fun as being able to sit there and listen to them freak out trying to figure out where the smell is coming from.
That plan could backfire on you pretty quick if you are caught on video doing it.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:03 AM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Is your HOA aware of the 1,000 ft Drug Free School Zone law here in Colorado?

You will have to call 911 & report drug activity, right when it’s happening. Mention your proximity to the school. Be the squeaky wheel.
As far as mj goes, that 1,000 ft Drug Free School Zone law is only to keep pot shops from locating close to schools. It's not for the private sector. If you can find a recent source saying otherwise that would be great. Here is the Colorado.gov page on MJ laws.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/mar...-marijuana-use

-----------------------------------------------

Old 05-21-2018, 09:18 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
It sometimes is a puzzle to me how people don't think outside of the box.

Wagner Operas -- The Operas

You do have speakers???
This could totally backfire if the neighbors, like me, enjoy smoking weed and listening to 'Walkürenritt' (Ride of the Valkyries) at top volume.

Oh, and 'O Fortuna' from Carmina Burana is a good one, too.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:18 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
That plan could backfire on you pretty quick if you are caught on video doing it.
I agree; dirty tricks and pranks to get revenge are a stupid approach, and they'll know immediately who did it. It's better to work within the law, excruciatingly slow as it is.

A case I read about on city-data a while back involved some nasty neighbors who slashed someone's tires after he complained about the noise. It was obvious who did it, and his response was to move.

I would report them to the police, install video cameras everywhere, and catch them again if possible. You have to fight back or these people will just walk all over you and whoever else moves in.

And, as many have pointed out, your next house might have equally bad neighbors.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:03 AM

666 posts, read 642,274 times
Quote:
Welcome to the Democrats ideal world for all of us. Crammed together in major cities to reduce our carbon footprint. Yet no laws to allow us to live together in sanity. Dog owners with barkers are the worst, your neighbors and people like them just as bad. ill alter my lifestyle to just be a great neighbor. But the US is now selfish nation.

Pitiful.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:06 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,588,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet bubby View Post

Pitiful.

Agree! I'm Independent of 33 years....

Old 05-21-2018, 10:59 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,423,875 times
Quote:
Oh yes Democrats are the reason people have bred us all out of usable space. Democrats have caused overpopulation the world over. Look how many people there are in India! Because Democrats! China's huge population? Because Democrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House