Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 01:58 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
It may be if the poster lives in a condo or townhouse community where all land is owned and maintained by the HOA for community use. In some communities there is no privately owned land. That said, people should always pick up after their dogs regardless of who owns the land.
Already mentioned single family home. HOA only covers mowing of neighborhood property and some wetland maintenance. 2609 sq ft house
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 03:13 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Salt. If you spread salt across everything, you won't ever have to worry about dogs peeing on your lawn again. You can dilute it and apply with water, but using a broadcast spreader will get more down in a more even fashion.
Salt is "bad for glass".

Old 05-28-2018, 03:19 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Already mentioned single family home. HOA only covers mowing of neighborhood property and some wetland maintenance. 2609 sq ft house
Response wasn’t directed at you and not pertinent to single family homes regardless of square feet.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:29 AM

765 posts, read 473,811 times
oh lordy....... i wish i had these terrible problems

what will you do when something really dire happens????

sorry, i just do not feel sorry for americans and their obsessions with their perfectly manicured lawns!!!!!! 'cause the only way they got that way were to overuse fertilizers and please don't tell me how much you've spent making it perfect...... i say make it a little less perfect, stop shelling out for the landscaping company or all the fertilizers which aren't good for the ground water anyway..... eventually that fertilizer gets underground, to the aquafiars to the nearest stream, to a river ...... do our ecosystems a favor..... spend less on the lawn and donate your savings to humane societies, to inner city kids who haven't seen a lawn, much less a river. spend more on human beings, abused pets, kids with no summertime outlets for fun in the sun..... be a mentsch, or if ya gotta, put up a fence but first, try harder to be less perfect and more caring about the environment than your lawn. just sayin' !!!!!!

Old 05-29-2018, 07:14 AM

11,128 posts, read 9,760,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
I have my own big dogs peeing in the lawn all the time, and guess what- no dead lawn.

So I'd say you're nuts. If a dog has to go, where is he going to go.......
Some dogs have different metabolism, different food, different health problems, etc. Some dog urine is more concentrated because the dog drinks less water, or has a kidney condition. I had 2 dogs, one dog's urine killed the grass and the other's didn't, and they ate the exact same food. After dog sitting for a friend's dog, we found that even ONE urination was enough to kill a dinner plate sized spot on our lawn. After one week taking care of that dog, our lawn looked like it had a disease! We had even tried flooding the places where she pee'd with a gallon or two of water immediately after she'd pee. It would still die, requiring us to use a lawn patch product to re-seed all the spots.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:35 AM

14,473 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Check your local laws. We have a law that says if someone lets their animal deposit waste on your property all you need is a video using your cell phone and you can contact the police and they can receive a fine and (or) have to clean it up themselves.

Since this is urine your neighbor might have to lick the grass to remove it.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:30 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceiligrrl View Post

sorry, i just do not feel sorry for americans and their obsessions with their perfectly manicured lawns!!!!!! 'cause the only way they got that way were to overuse fertilizers and please don't tell me how much you've spent making it perfect...... i say make it a little less perfect, stop shelling out for the landscaping company or all the fertilizers which aren't good for the ground water anyway..... eventually that fertilizer gets underground, to the aquafiars to the nearest stream, to a river ...... do our ecosystems a favor..... spend less on the lawn and donate your savings to humane societies, to inner city kids who haven't seen a lawn, much less a river. spend more on human beings, abused pets, kids with no summertime outlets for fun in the sun..... be a mentsch, or if ya gotta, put up a fence but first, try harder to be less perfect and more caring about the environment than your lawn. just sayin' !!!!!!
How about spending all that money spent on dogs—-food, vet bills, grooming, training, etc. and give that money to help feed, clothe and educate poor children. An awful lot of time attention, and money is wasted on dogs. Much better for our society to spend it on children.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:10 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:

You do you. You have no clue what good things others are doing. What a silly rant.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:53 AM

84 posts, read 111,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
I call BS on the "dog urine kills the grass".

How come people who have dogs of their own still have grass?

When I had a dog, we had plenty of grass in the back yard. No dead spots. Never saw the least bit of evidence that the dog's pee killed the grass.

Have you considered chinch bugs, instead?
This! We have 2 dogs currently and a healthy green yard. (And I don't water or fertilize at ALL)

Old 05-29-2018, 12:51 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:

Pffffft.

Outrageous income taxes and 9000 property taxes. No need to donate. I already subsidize welfare and crap public schools
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House