Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2018, 12:31 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,464,336 times

Advertisements

There's too many excuses from dog owners on why the rest of us should tolerate your dog's mess. That's rude as hell.

Last edited by Javacoffee; 05-24-2018 at 12:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 04:26 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,308,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What public property lets you defecate and leave it?
The thread wasn't about that. A dog can pee on public grass.

Old 05-24-2018, 04:30 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,308,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
There's too many excuses from dog owners on why the rest of us should tolerate your dog's mess. That's rude as hell.
No one here has condoned leaving poop. We're all talking about dog urine.
Basically your options are to do something to discourage dogs from using your yard (ref peppers, thorny bushes) or make an argument that dog owners find convincing. Or make an argument that policy makers find convincing. It doesn't matter if you find your argument convincing when they don't.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:13 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,890,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
This. Love it!
Tell us again why it is that you bought a house?

Old 05-24-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH423 View Post
No one here has condoned leaving poop. We're all talking about dog urine.
Basically your options are to do something to discourage dogs from using your yard (ref peppers, thorny bushes) or make an argument that dog owners find convincing. Or make an argument that policy makers find convincing. It doesn't matter if you find your argument convincing when they don't.

Really!? I'm supposed to plant ugly thorny bushes on my property just to keep your dog away?

It's a real shame that asking nicely, begging and pleading to keep Fido off our property doesn't work. Maybe it's time we homeowners spread poison on our lawns. Let your dog get a sniff of that! If you don't stop your dogs, we will.

I'm going shopping today. If you're a callous dog owner you'd better hope I'm not your neighbor.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:23 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH423 View Post
That basically means you don't want people to ever stop while walking their dogs, because if they stop, the dog may go.
Oh...people walking their dogs just stop of their OWN accord and it is at that point the dog goes? Are you kidding me? People WALK...dogs interrupt that walk trying to go. The person walking has some control over where the dog stops by....continuing to walk. If you can't control your dog then you should not have it. If you see damaged grass, keep on walkin'!

Old 05-24-2018, 05:31 AM

Ya know, it doesn't even have to be poison. If dog owners are disrespecting your property just toss a some chunks of chocolate cake on the edge of your lawn. It won't hurt humans, but chocolate is poison to dogs. It may not kill 'em, but it'll make em real sick. They'll think twice before coming back a second time. If not, use more cake!

Anyone got any other suggestions? LOL!

Let's take back our lawns and our property from these nasty dog-walking neighbors.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:45 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,407,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Really!? I'm supposed to plant ugly thorny bushes on my property just to keep your dog away?

It's a real shame that asking nicely, begging and pleading to keep Fido off our property doesn't work. Maybe it's time we homeowners spread poison on our lawns. Let your dog get a sniff of that! If you don't stop your dogs, we will.

I'm going shopping today. If you're a callous dog owner you'd better hope I'm not your neighbor.

Quoting this for posterity ~ I well and truly hope you're not dumb enough to do this as there are laws Against just this sort of thing. But, if you are, and if someone finds this post, the judge can then throw the book at you as it'll be shown as a pre-meditated action.

It's a wonder you people with your canes have any time to post on C-D, what with all the yelling at people to 'git offa yer lawn!' Must be tiring, and how's your health/blood pressure? Seems like the anxiety would just Ruin your quality of life. Constantly upset over something that used to be as normal as letting kids run off till the street lights came on.... sad place this world has come to.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:35 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,540,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Ignorance is bliss in your world.
odd that would you would take the trouble to go back and respond to me again. I see now about factors in the soil that can cause this, I was going off personal experience. Never seen it harm a yard of mine, and here in my condo complex, if dog pee killed grass, we wouldn't have any.

Old 05-24-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Quoting this for posterity ~ I well and truly hope you're not dumb enough to do this as there are laws Against just this sort of thing. But, if you are, and if someone finds this post, the judge can then throw the book at you as it'll be shown as a pre-meditated action.

It's a wonder you people with your canes have any time to post on C-D, what with all the yelling at people to 'git offa yer lawn!' Must be tiring, and how's your health/blood pressure? Seems like the anxiety would just Ruin your quality of life. Constantly upset over something that used to be as normal as letting kids run off till the street lights came on.... sad place this world has come to.
Really? LMAO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House