Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 06:36 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Polo-Ralph-La...y%2Bboxer&th=1

Okay i made a mistake in a few things i said. I took a closer look at my boxer shorts. These are the ones i have in the above link by the way in case you are curious what boxer shorts i have.

It seems like the boxer shorts where i did my laundry with my other clothes, there doesn't seem to be much brown/orange stains at all besides only one of them. The color of this boxer short is black. The other 2 boxer shorts that also have these stains but have a much bigger stain... one of them literally is stained/different color in like 80 percent of one side and 85 percent in the other side, the color is black and the medium grey in the photos. These 2 boxer shorts i did not go and bring it with my other clothes/boxer shorts to wash because i tried to use oxiclean to whiten it. But its still stained.

So does this give anyone a clue at what could have caused this? The thing is if say my boxer shorts are a bit wet... no not because of that reason. But because say i have the shower on and then im wearing my boxers and then i got it pretty wet, then put it in bucket etc along with my other boxer shorts etc... but left those 2 boxer shorts there for a while like close to 2 weeks, could that possibly cause the discoloration?
Are you using a laundromat or your own machine? If you pressed white instead of colors at a laundromat and it has a receptacle for bleach it's possible some of the bleach from the previous person's laundry dripped down onto your boxers. Also possible there's a problem with the machine. Are you also using softener and if so are you diluting it before you put it in. I have found it will leave stains if I don't dilute it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 08:49 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,427,042 times
I find that cheap boxers are the way to go since they need to be changed *frequently. I've got some spring cleaning to do myself. No matter how much bleach I use the stains don't go away. Then again if you are a single bachelor who cares....right ?

Old 05-29-2018, 09:43 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
If you are on a well or have hard water, try Calgon water softener. It definitely got my whites, whiter. They were coming out grey.

https://www.amazon.com/Calgon-Liquid.../dp/B00CNJREKK

a lot cheaper at Walmart https://www.walmart.com/ip/Calgon-Wa...oster/13424609

Old 05-29-2018, 12:26 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times
RL's at a Big Box store.

Who knows where they are made, or what (quality of) fabric. Could be complete knock-offs, or the 'real deal' made to the store's lowest imaginable quality/price standards. Some of these stores put this stuff out for bid: We need a million boxers and will pay $.25 each for them. Only the worst of the worst can produce with the poorest labor and the cheapest fabric to meet those criteria.

Sad that it happens, but it could be you have been "had" by the label and not by the quality. First wash, they give up their coloring and you are left with the sorry results. Could especially happen if you had the machine chocked full and the fabric and soap were not dispensed evening due to 'crowding' in the tub.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:35 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Then again if you are a single bachelor who cares....right ?

Probably one of the reasons why one is "single"!

Why oh why, is this even a discussion! Screw the underwear- go COMMANDO!!!

Old 05-29-2018, 03:13 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,287,862 times
The discoloration sounds more like bleaching to me. Did you possibly use some lotion, medicated product or even a medicated soap on yourself that would have gotten on the dyed fabric? There are plenty of products out there that will discolor fabric if they come into contact with each other.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:09 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,950,527 times
Throwing wet clothes into a bucket and leaving them to fester for a couple of weeks can wreak havoc with your undies. It may well be that the bucket is causing some rust stains on your knickers.

Get a bottle of Whink, Rust Remover available in the laundry supply aisle of most markets. If it works, you found the source of the stains and won't ever dump your wet laundry in the bucket again.

If it doesn't work, you'll know it isn't rust.

Old 05-29-2018, 06:55 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,665,924 times
Maybe it would have been better to just say your clothes have a new stain instead of giving too much information?

Old 05-29-2018, 07:10 PM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Maybe it would have been better to just say your clothes have a new stain instead of giving too much information?
I am sure most of us would be asking: what kind of stain, where exactly, what color etc...
It's hard to answer question without proper info.

What information is hurting your eyes? ...

Old 05-29-2018, 07:38 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
I think the OP needs to just buy new boxer shorts and do his laundry more often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House