Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 10:55 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times

Advertisements

Many posts on NextDoor are entertaining but this one takes the cake.

“Our neighbors moved three weeks ago and left a frozen turkey on their front porch. It is still there. Who can I call to take care of it? I contacted the neighborhood association but they couldn’t offer any advice. Is there a way to find out who owns the home so I can contact them? I do not have any way to contact the previous renters. The turkey has been there on the front porch for three weeks and I want it gone.”

Several people posted that she should call the non-emergency police number. Someone else suggested calling the mayor.

Finally, someone posted, “Do you have a trash bag and a trash can?”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 10:57 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,928 times
Ha!!

I constantly debate unsubscribing from NextDoor. There's very little useful information on it and I'd rather not know how ignorant and often racist my neighbors are.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:13 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times
I debate unsubscribing also, however, the lost pet postings is the reason I keep it. Quite a few pets in our area have been reunited with their owners through NextDoor.

Love the posts where people are trying not to appear racist. They will post warnings to lock doors because they spotted a car that they know doesn’t belong in “our neighborhood” driving through.

My neighborhood is linked with 80 other neighborhoods, some of which are very exclusive gated communities. That is where most of the entertaining posts originate.

Old 07-06-2018, 02:28 PM

1,334 posts, read 1,672,801 times
You gotta see https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Old 07-06-2018, 02:33 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
People in my area complaining about fireworks going off for the past two weeks over and over on the app!

Old 07-06-2018, 02:48 PM

4,542 posts, read 3,741,311 times
Good to know people have VERY similar comments all across the country about Nextdoor!

I decided to just keep it due to sometimes good recommendations on things like high schoolers mowing yards, power washers, handymen, and local break-ins that people don't know about.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:15 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Wow!

I'm on my local Next Door and it's pretty boring.

Oh, well.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:52 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,878 times
The nextdoor posts that make me are:

"I spotted a coyote in my yard today."

Followed the next day by

"I let my cat out last night and it has not returned."

Unfortunately, there types of posts are repeated weekly.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:23 PM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Many posts on NextDoor are entertaining but this one takes the cake.

“Our neighbors moved three weeks ago and left a frozen turkey on their front porch. It is still there. Who can I call to take care of it? I contacted the neighborhood association but they couldn’t offer any advice. Is there a way to find out who owns the home so I can contact them? I do not have any way to contact the previous renters. The turkey has been there on the front porch for three weeks and I want it gone.”

Several people posted that she should call the non-emergency police number. Someone else suggested calling the mayor.

Finally, someone posted, “Do you have a trash bag and a trash can?”
I have to admit, I would not go near a three week old rotten turkey with a ten foot pole.

That is pretty darn funny.

Our NextDoor posts are largely about lost and found cats and dogs. Like, every day. I had a dog and a cat for 14 years and never lost either of them, so I'm not sure how this happens.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:39 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
The thing that astounds me about Nextdoor is that people routinely post things that are inexcusably rude, things they would never even consider saying in person to a neighbor. It's like they temporarily forget that we all know each other! Yes, Mr. X, I did see that post on Nextdoor in which you insulted my kid/friend/wife, and, no, I'm not at all interested in your painting/lawn care/tax preparation/roofing/real estate business because I now know that you're a jerk. My husband always had a rule never to flip off other drivers when commuting because his professional community is very small. Too much risk that the person he flipped off today would be his client tomorrow. My husband is a wise man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House