Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 09:35 PM

454 posts, read 448,468 times

Advertisements

Hey all. Got a blender that recently stopped working. When i blend with it, i usually hold that button where it would blend and then release it. There are buttons where you could press it and then it blends and you press it again to stop the blending but i never did that.

Anyone here have advice on how i can fix this issue? I checked online and apparently i will have to open the blender up but is that pretty complicated? Im not a tools type of guy etc. The brand is called philco licuadora de 4 delocidades.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 09:42 PM

Okay so i kept using trial and error and noticed when i pressed on one of the buttons, there was like some electric spark that showed up and i quickly got away from it. Should i just throw away this blender and get a new one?

Old 07-08-2018, 10:23 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,491,098 times
Does your town have those seminars/events where you take things that you want to fix and people are there to help you fix things? I forget what they're called. My local library has them once in a while.

You could call around to a local appliance repair shop and see what they say and find out what it would cost.

Unless it's a really special one, you can buy them for really cheap at thrift stores. In the senior building I live in, people put stuff they don't want out on tables in our hallways and a few weeks ago, someone put out a blender that was much nicer than mine, so I took it and then put mine out on the table. Mine was plastic, the one I got is a nice old glass Osterizer. Much nicer than the one I had, which I bought used at a Good Will for around $5.

It would probably be cheaper for you to just go buy one at a thrift store rather than fix yours - unless yours is some special model.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:54 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
Okay so i kept using trial and error and noticed when i pressed on one of the buttons, there was like some electric spark that showed up and i quickly got away from it. Should i just throw away this blender and get a new one?
Toss it and buy a new one, as they arent expensive,
https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=blender&cat_id=0

Old 07-09-2018, 12:12 AM

Hi there i will buy a new one then. But if you click on it and it shows some electricity, you should throw it away immediately right? This blender was a cheap basic one i bought a while back. But it did its job.

Also another question. But does it matter what brand or quality you buy as a blender? I always bought the cheap basic ones. I notice there are blenders that are much more expensive but are they even worth it? The only thing i blend is vegetables with water and thus make like green smoothies. Thus i don't blend anything hard or special etc. Also this may sound like a stupid question but does the more expensive/quality of the blender make what you are blending more healthier or better? I don't think so but just want to make sure. Because if you are blending say kale or lettuce with water and drinking it, its basically the same thing whether its a 20 dollar or 50 or 100+ dollar blender right?

Old 07-09-2018, 12:46 AM

61,674 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Go to Walmart and buy a blender. For what you do with it, any inexpensive blender would do.
Sophisticated blenders can cost $500 and more, but you don't need it. Bella for $20 is good, and so is Hamilton beach single serving blender for $15.
Expensive blenders might last ast longer, but they will not produce healthier smoothies. Your smoothie depends on ingredients you use.
Something like this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-...51101B/5924588

Last edited by elnina; 07-09-2018 at 01:16 AM..

Old 07-09-2018, 12:51 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,069 times
If all you are doing is making Smoothies, get an immersion blender.

They do a better job, are cheaper, easier to use, and easier to clean.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:16 AM

23,591 posts, read 70,383,686 times
Quote:
Hi there i will buy a new one then. But if you click on it and it shows some electricity, you should throw it away immediately right? This blender was a cheap basic one i bought a while back. But it did its job.

Also another question. But does it matter what brand or quality you buy as a blender? I always bought the cheap basic ones. I notice there are blenders that are much more expensive but are they even worth it? The only thing i blend is vegetables with water and thus make like green smoothies. Thus i don't blend anything hard or special etc. Also this may sound like a stupid question but does the more expensive/quality of the blender make what you are blending more healthier or better? I don't think so but just want to make sure. Because if you are blending say kale or lettuce with water and drinking it, its basically the same thing whether its a 20 dollar or 50 or 100+ dollar blender right?
Unless you have challenges eating, simply eating the vegetables is healthier than turning them into a thin paste. The chewing exercises the jaw, the incomplete tearing of cell walls adds bulk, slow consumption allows the digestive components in saliva time to work, and the extreme compressive heat from the bow shock of the blender blade is avoided. As long as a blender can be properly cleaned, any differences are cosmetic.

Evey time I see a green smoothie I think "Poor Kermit."

Old 07-09-2018, 05:57 AM

37,604 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Just throw it away and buy a new blender!!

Quote:

Ummm....a blender cannot improve the nutritional content of your food.

Go to WalMart. Buy a blender. Throw the old one out.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:00 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,527,280 times
Toss it before you hurt yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House