Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2018, 07:38 PM

64 posts, read 61,563 times

Advertisements

Years ago i owned a Hoover Floor mate. It was fantastic. Cleaned 4000 square feet of wood floors and tile like a breeze. It was light weight and easy to manuever and my favourite part was it sucked up all the dirty water and dried the floor. So i never felt like it was just pushing dirty water around like a mop does. We moved to a house where i had no need for it so i got rid of it. We now just moved into a house with 2700 square feet of wood floors and tile and went and bought one. It is nowhere near as good as the one i had all those years ago. I don’t feel like it cleans. Doesn’t dry floor well. It tries but leaves streaks of water/cleaning fluid. It’s heavy and not easy to manuever. Due to this I’m going to return it. I noticed when i bout it that Biseel had a floor cleaning machine as well as Shark. I think they were both steam based . Sharks was a steam mop and Bissel looked more like a micrfiber roller inside a vacuum. My question is do these really clean the floor or are they more like a mop or microfiber mop that just push dirt around? The Bissel is over $100 more than the Hoover Floormate is. Trying to figure out if it’s worth making the switch or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 08:52 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,557,786 times
I can speak to this perfectly! I’ve had the Floormate for years, and have sung its praises to any who would listen! Recently refinished my hardwoods and decided to give the Bissel Crosseave a shot (Hoover was getting a little long in the tooth.)

Worth it? Depends. Hardwoods? Absolutely! Best part is that it takes very little solution to clean an entire floor. I’d say it covers 3x’s the area of the Hoover with one tank. And can use it on area rugs too, and it honestly vacuum while it mops at the same time too. Hoover was spinning nylon brushes. Bissel is a microfiber roller. It’s great and have no regrets. BUT - grout on tile floors. Hoover’s brushes seemed able to clean the grout better than the microfiber approach. That’s the only area where the Hoover wins, but even at that it’s not by much.

Either is great, but the Bissel is much easier to use and does a fantastic job!

Old 07-14-2018, 10:59 PM

64 posts, read 61,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC211 View Post
I can speak to this perfectly! I’ve had the Floormate for years, and have sung its praises to any who would listen! Recently refinished my hardwoods and decided to give the Bissel Crosseave a shot (Hoover was getting a little long in the tooth.)

Worth it? Depends. Hardwoods? Absolutely! Best part is that it takes very little solution to clean an entire floor. I’d say it covers 3x’s the area of the Hoover with one tank. And can use it on area rugs too, and it honestly vacuum while it mops at the same time too. Hoover was spinning nylon brushes. Bissel is a microfiber roller. It’s great and have no regrets. BUT - grout on tile floors. Hoover’s brushes seemed able to clean the grout better than the microfiber approach. That’s the only area where the Hoover wins, but even at that it’s not by much.

Either is great, but the Bissel is much easier to use and does a fantastic job!
Thank you for your reply! This is exactly what i was hoping someone could tell
Me. My bathrooms and laundry aretes but every other inc of myhome is wood floors, even the closets! I am more concerned with the wood maintenance .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House