Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What washer, dryer and refrigerator brand is the most reliable? - multiple choice allowed since diff
Whirlpool - is the most reliable 17 36.17%
Maytag - is the most reliable 6 12.77%
Speed Queen - is the most reliable 9 19.15%
LG - is the most reliable 4 8.51%
Samsung - is the most reliable 2 4.26%
Kenmore - is the most reliable 10 21.28%
Other - is the most reliable - I will put my answer and reason in the comment section 11 23.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 12:23 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,557,786 times

Advertisements

We bought a new GE dishwasher in 2015, and a new GE double-oven in November 2016. BOTH have problems directly linked to quality, and these weren't cheap models either. Middle/upper range on price point. Dishwasher has bad seal around the door and can leak on the floor during rinse cycle. Double oven, lower oven light will not turn off without jimmy-handling the little latch switch. When that light is on, it thinks the door is open, and therefore won't heat. Between the two, probably close to $5k. Complete crap.

We have a Samsung upper French door fridge, sliding middle door for drinks, and pull out freezer. Bought it in late 2015 as well. Other than ice maker in fridge area being annoying and jamming up every now and then, it's fine (show me an ice maker in the fridge area that doesn't screw up every now and then, and I'll show you a unicorn). Was making a strange noise recently from the back, like ice was forming on the fan blades for the ice maker. Turns out the fridge wasn't level (which would make sense considering I took off about an 1/8th of the hardwood floor this year via refinish but not towards the back area of the fridge). Slight adjustment on the front wheels to raise the front up a turn, and all better.

We have LG washing machine - top load, superb. Have LG dryer, front load (nothing fancy), again superb (electric).

I have come to the conclusion that if it's made in Michigan (GE and Whirpool), I won't buy it. Call me un-American if you'd like, but the issues with my only two GE products is just plain stupid and unacceptable. Don't feel bad for them one bit, if they can't produce a dishwasher that doesn't leak, and a wall oven that actually heats up....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 05:26 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,186,169 times
Our current kitchen has all Bosch appliances( wall oven, fridge, dishwasher). No problems so far, 6 years old. Not long yet, but I will say they are very nice to use. I really like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House